Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Healing Gallbladder

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I am definately getting better. Very Happy yes
I am taking a lot of stuff that is suppose to help the gallbladder.
Here is my regimen:
Gall Cleanse product taken on an empty stomach.
Morning :
1,000 mg vit. C, 1,000 mg fish oil, 400 mg magnesium.

Breakfast:
lecithin, probiotic capsule

Lunch;
2 Gall Bladder Support capsules which contain ( vit C, Magnesium, Quercetin, Taurine, Malic Acid, Choline, Inositol, IP6 Rice Bran)
lecithin

1 1/2 hr after lunch Mastic gum

Dinner: 1,000 mg vit C

Bedtime: More Gall Cleanse product & Melatonin to help me sleep(works wonders) and it's also been said to help the gallbladder.

I also exercise 30 min in the morning on the treadmill.
I include fat in every meal to keep my gallbladder contracting and get the stagnant bile moving and OUT!

I've only been doing this since Jan 27 -28th. I am feeling better and better everday. I know I am getting better because I was having symptoms constantly. They weren't just occasional attacks. I was significantly ill, everyday for 3 months!
Also, I have been praying. Sorry I can't pin point it down to one thing that has been helping me. I was so desperate I've been trying many things at once.
I did read one post where a women said she healed her gallbladder with lecithin alone. She has taken it everyday for years now and never had another attack.
Note: I do not have stones. I probably have sludge and sluggish gallbladder. I do have 2 small polyps 2mm in size, but my guess is that they are too small to be causing any symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2008
Me again, from the other thread. Great news. Hopefully once you are feeling stable for a bit you can back off some of the extras and get down to a maintenance mode where you don't need so much. The supplements can get expensive, but, they are worth it and not that bad compared to some of the meds that just mask the symptoms rather than actually help you get better.
|

replied February 9th, 2008
Hi eihcet! Yeah, the supplements are expensive and I don't like swallowing so many pills either. Yuck. But today I almost feel normal!
I did read where 71% of cases of gallbladder sludge will resolve on their own. So that is hopeful news. I'm hoping that after a month I can just take the lecithin for maintenance and possibly the fish oil. It's suppose to help with other things like PMS and arthritis so I would probably keep taking that.
These problems I have had really have been depressing. I started out thinking I had an ulcer, then even thought I had cancer, so I'm pretty happy to be feeling better after feeling crummy for Nov, Dec and Jan. Very Happy
Have you tried the lecithin yet?
|

replied February 10th, 2008
I did buy and try the lecithin. I didn't notice anything different, but I was already feeling pretty good. My only symptom of late has been (sorry to admit) my stool color. I took the Soy Lecithin for a bit, hoping it might make the bile regular and therefore help digestion but it didn't seem to change anything that I could see.

Since last week I've been eating much more yogurt (daily) and bought and started eating some nuts of various types throughout the day to try and gain some of my weight back and both seems to be helping a lot with the remaining issues. Time will tell.

I'll note that I still haven't been brave enough to try Mayonnaise (or dressings with eggs like Ranch, etc) or regular eggs (but have eaten foods cooked with smaller amounts). The salad dressings seem to have been a trigger the last two times (but could also have been coincidence since first time I still didn't know anything and the second time was a couple months better and I was doing better and wasn't really strict with my diet). I know one old study indicated lots of people (93% tested) have problems with them, so, I'm on the lookout, on one hand I want to try again and know, but, not if I have to be sick again. I can live without those things so for now I am.

So, in summary now that I feel well I've backed off and the only thing I'm supplementing on daily is my multi-vitamin. I try and get the good stuff from my GB diet, eating apples, artichokes, beets, using olive oil (or healthy fats) etc as much as I can. I'll still take:

Soy Lecithin if I'm not getting enough lecithin from my diet;
Milk Thistle if/when I've been eating a lot of fat or unhealthy;
Mastic Gum, Ginger, and/or DGL Licorice if my stomach feels unsettled.
|

replied February 11th, 2008
I've been meaning to get some milk thistle, but I keep forgetting. Not that I feel I have room in my stomach for another supplement! It should be important though because the bile actually begins in the liver so it makes sense to try and support the liver.
Another approach to look at is the cause of estrogen to affect the gallbladder. I wish I understood this better. I am female of course, and after I read that extra estrogen can contribute I thought I would give some progesterone cream a try. I've also had a few symptoms of excess estrogen. I do feel much better using the progesterone cream. I'd like to find an herb that would encourage my body to normalize the hormones on it's own though.
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Actually I have been making sure to eat fats everyday to keep my gallbladder contracting. So far the pain after a fatty meal has been tolerable, but that may be due to the addition of the lecithin - I don't know.
Another thing, I use to have a hard time getting comfortable because my right side hurt and I felt bloated, almost swollen on the right. That is mostly gone now. I also don't burp like I use to. Gosh, I felt like I was burping a hundred times a day before. I disgusted myself! Very Happy
Well I better get my exercise done or it won't happen.
If you come across any interesting information or ideas let me know!
|

replied March 12th, 2010
I have and ejection fraction of 97% but still suffer bouts of gallbladder pain. I suffered acute vitamin d poisoning and was gravely ill.
I have been doing some research and have come up with connections between vitamin d, gallbladder, melatonin and calcium. Some of the topics I've read involving calcium and the gallbladder are: Limy bile, porcelain gallbladder, UV exposure and incidence of gallstones and mixed-type gallstones. It is my belief that the gallbladder plays a very important role in the body to do with calcium metabolism/buffering/regulation.
Try a magnesium only supplement and start at low doses. It should take several days if it's going to work for you.
|