Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

High Variance In Blood Pressure Readings

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
Hi

in the last 4 weeks I have had readings of 157/93 and 95/57 (sys/di) max and min and average of around 112/71 (not forgetting 195/89 max while having hernia operation)

rushing thru shopping centre with 5 major problems on my mind at beginning of april I accepted offer for bp testing getting 157/93 then 159/75 30 mins later. I tested myself at home and had readings in 144-35 range for systolic that day.

Then I resolved to reduce salt and exercise regularly (2-3 hrs cycling each day in morning) and measure my bp frequently (hour intervals where poss). I took usually 8 readings each day for 15+ days except 2 days in hospital for operation. All these readings were mostly below 120 of the order of 105, 110, 117 etc with dyastolic 60 - 75 (but usually showing less variance than syst).

But yesterday and today my bp readings have gone up eg 130,144, 155 78-85 dyastolic since travelling up north 200 miles. I feel colder and have had a bit more stress.

Is there any reason for this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Stress can definitely cause increased blood pressure. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not but are you at a higher or lower altitude?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Rajesh Kesari
User Profile
Dr. Rajesh Kesari
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov