Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

stomach pain, fast heartbeat during period

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hi,

Iam 25 yrs old. Last september i got married. I always get stomach pain, fast heart beats, and some other body pain also at the time of mensus(period time). It happens before marriage and also continuing after marriage. I feel very irritating & worried much when some of friends are not facing this problem & they even use to play at times. But i will be in bed for atleast 2 days. I never give movements to my body...if it happens the pain & bleed will be high.
May i know how some people getting heavy pain(even feel to die at times) & how some are not getting pain?
Is due to any problem in the body condition?
Pls give me some suggestions to overcome this pain.
Pls......becoz i really hate when the period times.....& starts counting the days with full of upset.
One more thing i want to share with u is.......before marriage i got 30 days once stomach pain. But, after marriage its changes as 24 days once and so on.....
Any specific reason for this change?
Pls suggest me very clearly in this................

Thanks & Regards,

bharathy
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bharathy
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Pain that bad is NOT normal and you should see your doctor!

Are you on any type of birth control? That could be causing changes in your cycle.
|

replied February 12th, 2008
Stomach-aches and the general feeling of malaise are two things I used to get with my period all the time. The fast heartbeat, what may be heart palpitations, is not normal, as far as I know, though. It may be that you are anxious, because of the anticipated pain, or it may be related to something much more serious.

Every woman's period is different; some are even lucky enough to escape PMS! It's natural for it's "side affects" to vary between women. I used to get cramps so bad that I could barely move - and I would spend at least one day in bed every month, due to my period. I went to see my OB GYN and she told me that it was not unheard of that my cramps were that severe, and that birth control might help me control the pain. She told me it did not necessarily mean there was anything wrong with me, and as the tests showed, I was fine. Birth control also helped me - I don't get cramps anymore (thankfully).

It seems to me tha you need to see a doctor as soon as you can. In the meantime, an over-the-counter painkiller, like Ibuprofen, might help with your stomach and body pains until you can be sure of what's going on.
|

replied May 28th, 2009
Abdom pain
I suffered from right side abdom pain for quite some time, starts around period and the pain can last well over the period. It was recurring and I was in pain for about 2 weeks out of every month, sharp stabbing pain...and constant dull nagging pain. I was just in pain!!! I had the main tests done, to check for stones etc,blood & urine analysis, ovaries. They didn't find anything. I had thought prior to the tests it might be candida infection and took an oral table from pharmascist. Pain still occurred.Then i read an article that explained that some abdom pain can be as a result of diet. I did manage to find out that sugar was also correlating to the pain, although i had a diabetes test which was negative. In short cut out carbohydrates which i have read are really sugar! (which was news to me)..i don't drink alchohol anyway, but now have cut out potatoes, rice and pasta and cut down on bread, i rarely eat it. i have a popular wheet cereal for breakfast instead of toast. Basically get the Docs to do the main tests (ultrasound and blood and urine etc) to check nothing serious is occurring but if that doesn't turn up anything cut out carbohydrates, and eat protein... A book that you can get free online 'life without bread' has a bit in it which might help explain; I have lost the original doctors studies that pointed me in the direction of enzymes and diet, whereby he said diet was a common main factor.... hope this helps..
|

replied May 16th, 2011
period problems
I'm facing the same problem too. Iam 21,Ican't deny the fact my being overnervous person.I start getting depressed before a week of my period ,bad night sleeps and heavy heartbeat, during myperiod i have bad aches, plus recently im facing sympotoms after period which is fast heartbeat and feeling extremely tired physically.
I take anti depressives to get over it actually,cuz I know it's all nervous problems.
any suggestion around my sitatuaion guys?
|