Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Aroused by attractive nurses and female doctors (Page 1)

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
If I am told by a nurse to get completely undressed and put on a "johnnie" gown for an exam or procedure, I sometimes become quite aroused. One time I needed to have a barium enema exam. The reasonably attractive female technologist had to take a few x-rays prior to the exam. As I was laying on my back on the x-ray table wearing nothing but the johnnie, she put her hands on my hips in order to position me correctly for the x-ray. My penis became fully erect. She didn't seem to notice and then had me stand while she placed the x-ray head on my lower abdomen for another x-ray. What she didn't realize was that she was placing the x-ray head directly against my erection. I was too embarassed to tell her. She took the x-ray and then told me to wait a few minutes while the doctor checked out the films. Ten minutes later she came back in looking a little upset and told me that she needed to re-take one of the x-rays. No surprise there! I have also become partially aroused when examined by a female Dermatologist. It was my first visit and the nurse told me that the doctor would need to check every inch of my skin. She did and I enjoyed it. I would like to know if others (male or female) have had similar experiences.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2008
Experienced User
Dont Worry
im sure a lot of people are going through the same thing your going through and im sure the nurses sees many male patients go through the same thing u go through! Wink Im a female and I kind of had the same situation as you. When I was pregnant, my obgyn(young male doctor) always made me blush Embarassed each time he checked my cervics. Razz (sticking 2 fingers in me)
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Dont Worry
im sure a lot of people are going through the same thing your going through and im sure the nurses sees many male patients go through the same thing u go through! Im a female and I kind of had the same situation as you. When I was pregnant, my obgyn(young male doctor) always made me blush each time he checked my cervics. (sticking 2 fingers in me)
|

User Profile
Supporter
I'm sure it's common. Try masturbating right before hand. It might help with the hormones....
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2008
Misunderstood
Thanks to reneblack and Marvel for your responses. I think I should clarify the situation a bit. Although I was a little embarassed, I definitely enjoyed the experience. Being essentially naked (except for the johnnie) around an attractive woman turns me on. I have fantasies about being examined by a nurse or woman doctor and having one thing lead to another and eventually having sex. It is strictly a fantasy. It will never happen for at least 2 reasons. First, I love my wife and would never cheat on her. Secondly, a doctor or nurse could lose their career for having sex with a patient. I believe that most fantasies are healthy and enhance people's lives by providing an outlet for our innermost thoughts and feelings without hurting anyone. Any comments would be appreciated.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Ever think to ask your wife to dress up like a nurse? Seems obvious in this situation. Wink You could even get a stethoscope and have her "exam" you.

I'm sure doctors and nurses are used to that.
|

Experienced User
Um, I get aroused by cute waitresses, lol. Im pretty sure its normal for guys to get erections from cute ladies. Lol, try masturbating beforehand just to tire urself out.
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2008
Thanks
Georgia59: Thanks for your response. Yes, I have thought many times about asking my wife to role play in my fantasy. But, she can be a bit jealous at times. On days when I have an appointment with my female Dermatologist, my wife might be upset. She might be concerned about what I'm thinking while being examined by the woman doctor......MMAFighter: Thanks also for your response. Yes, masturbating before the appointment would definitely work to lower my sex drive. But, I don't want it lowered. There's a fine line here. I want the nurse or female doctor to see my penis and (hopefully) to be impressed. But I don't want the doctor to say "Your behavior is inappropriate and therefore I cannot treat you. I suggest you see a male doctor." That would not be good.
|

replied December 17th, 2011
This is a tough ethical dillema and I'd like to start by stating that I feel the same way about wanted to be noticed by your nurse. Generally women often in my dealings seem to encourage this to a certain degree as I used to wear loose clothing and pajama pants to my chiropracto's appointment to have the same thing happen. On the day that I wore pajamas, probably the most revealing, she sort of threw in the comment "these appointments seem to get better and better everytime." This was when I was on my back and my dick started throbbing a bit at the implications of the situation. Another chiropractor said "we all want what we don't have" out of the blue just as she was flipping me over. I'm pretty sure she could sense I was marginally aroused and almost expected her to make things a bit sexual.

As far as her becoming upset with your actions, you have to consider this a possibility, and not a probability. As long as your not a freakish horndog about it in my dealings women are very open to men who are unashamed of there sexual feelings/curiosity so long as it is not crossing any major lines and you're sensitive to the situation.

Not to mention I also know that a good deal of women appreciate being noticed. Of course it has to be in the right way and not come off as creepy or like grabby.

One issue is that women are different in these regards. Men, would love a sexy stranger to become as aroused as them and bang right there. Women generally prefer to know a person and a random stranger no matter how good looking/powerful/wealthy, could actually inspire disgust by being to overly generous with his looks and for any reading this feel free to comment on this.

As far as her telling you she would not be able to treat you, I think as long as you don't bash it to death and are like "I'm getting this hard on, and she is going to notice it" (as that would creep them out certainly) this would'nt be an issue. This isn't a recurring issue and it's not like you're forcing yourself on her. But it's still given that you don't know where she is at sexually/relationally, this is something you can't overrule.

All in all, maybe you should just feel it out and go for it. That is if you weren't married I would say that. Since you are married I think you should focus more on controlling your desires in the moment and focus even more on having fun with the situation and connect with her on a different level. It could end up that you make new female friend or group of friends! If your not typically "the social man" your wife might find this a refreshing thing too.

But who knows that's just my opinion. Let me know what you think and maybe we can talk more about this.
|

Experienced User
But, ur married already, why would u want women other than ur wife to be impressed with ur penis? Or maybe I'm only 16 and I wouldnt understand, lol
|

Experienced User
Ok. I haven't experienced something like that, but here's my piece of advice, from a jealous... or normal wife point of view.
If you're married, and you get excited getting examined by female doctors, you should try to get male doctors whenever possible. It is a form of cheating if you're getting female doctors because you like getting excited by them. No wonder your wife gets upset. She sounds like she's onto you.
Also, you shouldn't be concerned with 'impressing' them. This meaning, you WANT them to see your penis erected? otherwise it's not impressive? This sounds even more wrong. You shouldn't want them to see you like that, and not just because they might say it's inappropriate. It sounds like you ARE trying to live out the fantasy, you're not cooperating for it not to happen because, quoting you: you like it.
Even the 16 year old here can see that, i would like to think a fully grown and married man would take his marriage more seriously and discern what's acceptable behaviour and what's not.
How would you like it if your wife only got male doctors, not because they're good doctors, but because she's turned on by them?
My advice to you is to stop putting yourself in those situations, and if you like the nurse's outfit that much, start roleplaying with your wife and dress up as various things, including her as a nurse or sexy doctor.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Surely this verges on exhibitionism?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2008
Experienced User
Re: Misunderstood
geoff725 wrote:
Thanks to reneblack and Marvel for your responses. I think I should clarify the situation a bit. Although I was a little embarassed, I definitely enjoyed the experience. Being essentially naked (except for the johnnie) around an attractive woman turns me on. I have fantasies about being examined by a nurse or woman doctor and having one thing lead to another and eventually having sex. It is strictly a fantasy. It will never happen for at least 2 reasons. First, I love my wife and would never cheat on her. Secondly, a doctor or nurse could lose their career for having sex with a patient. I believe that most fantasies are healthy and enhance people's lives by providing an outlet for our innermost thoughts and feelings without hurting anyone. Any comments would be appreciated.

I think its normal because we all have different body chemistry and electricity. Im sure its embaressing for anyone to be naked in front of some one attractive. As long as you dont commit to any thing close to intamicy. If this really bothers you, you could ask for a male nurse or doctor to get it off your chess. Wink take care. reneblack
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2008
Just a fantasy
As previously mentioned, it's just a fantasy. I've never been unfaithful to my loving wife and I never will. As for "being on the verge of exhibitionism" as noted by shonster, it's not something I go out of my way to do. But, if a nurse happens to see me naked, I don't bother to "cover up." I see no reason to as I am not ashamed of my body. One time, after a Sigmoidoscopy in a (male) doctor's office, the doctor told me that it was OK to get dressed. There was a bathroom adjacent to the examination room and I had to pee. Just as I came back into the exam room, the nurse came in to clean up. She had a full view of me totally naked but definitely not erect. I didn't make any effort to cover up and rather enjoyed the moment. Surely there must be other guys who get a thrill out of this sort of thing.
|

Re: Just a fantasy
geoff725 wrote:
As previously mentioned, it's just a fantasy. I've never been unfaithful to my loving wife and I never will. As for "being on the verge of exhibitionism" as noted by shonster, it's not something I go out of my way to do. But, if a nurse happens to see me naked, I don't bother to "cover up." I see no reason to as I am not ashamed of my body. One time, after a Sigmoidoscopy in a (male) doctor's office, the doctor told me that it was OK to get dressed. There was a bathroom adjacent to the examination room and I had to pee. Just as I came back into the exam room, the nurse came in to clean up. She had a full view of me totally naked but definitely not erect. I didn't make any effort to cover up and rather enjoyed the moment. Surely there must be other guys who get a thrill out of this sort of thing.

its a fantasy that you wish you could act on. you seek women doctors/nurses to attend to you and you want to have an erection with them.

if your married, i'd say, have an erection with your wife instead. your wife doesn't like it most likely because she has witnessed a change in you when the female doctors/nurses comes up in conversation or appointment. if i got aroused by female doctors/nurses i'd be terribly embarassed and would hope that never happened again. if it did happen to me, and i had to be around female doctors/nurses more than just once, then i would consider that sexual function as inappropriate, especially if its avoidable (male doctors).
|

User Profile
Supporter
Agree entirely, sleepyhead. And I think the OP is taking liberties with the use of the word 'fantasy' since it is clearly something that happens outside his own head.
|

Experienced User
geoff, I still think ur behavior is verging exhibitionism. I mean, the mirror image of your behavior manifested in a woman would be like ur wife purposely choosing male doctors to do her breast exams when she could have it done by females. I mean, I'm pretty sure you would count such behavior from ur wife as semi-cheating.
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
Fantasies & Marriage
MMAFighter: Thanks for your response. Honestly, it would not bother me if my wife had her breasts examined by a male doctor. In fact she has. Even if she fantasized about him while we were making love, that would be OK also. It is my understanding that all married people do this. We have a great marriage. We're best friends, lovers, and life partners. We enjoy each other's company and have alot of fun together. My favorite time of the week is Sunday afternoon when we go for a realxed drive around the area. It's not all about sex. It's more about companionship. The fact we have a few fantasies is OK. We're human and it's part of human life.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Have you talked to her about it?

Ok, as a wife, here's what I think. Some people have fantasies, and that's ok. If my husband had a fetish for nurses, hell, I'd dress up as a nurse and play doctor. BUT I might be a little wary when he got checked out by actual female nurses. So do what you can about getting male doctors, and act out your fantasies with your wife!!

I don't think your behavior is really all that unhealthy, but since you're married and you already said that your wife is jealous, you need to consider her feelings and make sure your amorous attention is on her, for the sake of your relationship (and her self-esteem). THat doesn't mean you need to give up your fetish! And talk to her about it, that is a must.
|

replied December 17th, 2011
@ Gerogia 59,
I respect that you have acknowledged that allowing your husband sexual fantasies is acceptable, but the part with being leary about allowing him to actually be around female nurses is another thing(although I do partially agree w/ you). I don't mean to attack I'm just curious and you can/should write me in a message so we can talk about this further.

I guess my question is the root of your concern. Could it be you don't trust men in general, you don't trust your husband because you think he might be capable of acting on his desires, are maybe you wouldn't trust yourself in the context of a similar situation?

These are all just ideas. I'd love to hear your opinion on my response and and other thoughts that might come up while you read this. Thanks Smile
|

User Profile
Thanks for the input
Thanks, Georgia59. No, I have never discussed this with my wife. I would like to but, what holds me back is excatly what you saidabout your husband:

"BUT I might be a little wary when he got checked out by actual female nurses."

That's the problem. So, I'll just carry on as usual for now. With all due respect to your input, I have no intention of seeking male doctors. If I get "stuck" with one, I can deal with it. But I will always prefer a woman doctor and a woman nurse. I always respect their profession and do not intentionally engage in any inappropriate behavior.
|

Especially eHealthy
Except for trying to get hard ons in their presence, which I would personally consider sexual harassment. I know you haven't necessarily done that, but I can see it as being a simple next step. I personally think your behavior is inappropriate, and especially because your wife is jealous this is something you need to stop being hard-headed about! Literally! Consider her feelings.
|