Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

the good and the bad....

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Good News- I am waiting for a call this morning from the lady at college to tell me when to come down to enrol and I am getting a new fitted kitchen!

Bads news- the workmen are going to be in my house 8am til 5pm everyday for 3 weeks (exc weekends) to fit my new kitchen. I am a VERY private person and I hate people in my house. I will have no access to the kitchen at all! I had to move my fridge freezer, dryer etc into the living room Confused

I have to use my bathroom sink for washing up and i guess we will have to eat out at lunchtime. They said they will reconnect the oven at 5pm everyday so i can do my evening meal- but I will have no worktops to prepare Rolling Eyes

I know it'll be worth it in the end I am just seeing a nightmare for the next 3 weeks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Thats great about college!!

new kitchen i thought u were having money problems Question
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I'm not paying for the kitchen. I live ina council property and the council are fitting all residents with new kitchens. It's part of the regeneration program
|

Extremely eHealthy
Becky wrote:
I'm not paying for the kitchen. I live ina council property and the council are fitting all residents with new kitchens. It's part of the regeneration program
wow thats cool.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I would feel the same way becky! Your mum lives really close by doesnt she? Cant you and the kids eat at her house at lunchtimes?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
My mum works during the day so we can't really go round there. I will have to just do a sandwich or something
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Cant she give you a spare key? We go round quite often when my parents are at work, they are fine with it. Jay has half his toys at home and half round their house.
|

Especially eHealthy
ahhh a new kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
i know what you mean about being private
i hate hate hate when strangers come in the house
like the guy who does the meter reading thingy?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i hate people coming in my flat to do that sort of thing too. that would really annoy me. but on the bright side...a new kitchen Smile thats great news about the college course aswell. what will you be studying?
|

Extremely eHealthy
You guys are right to be suspicious of strangers in your home. I don't know if any of you rememebr the kidnapping of a family's 12 -14? year old daughter. It was done by someone who had worked in their home fixing something, as I recall. Her name is Elizabeth Smart. She was eventually found and rescued, thank-God.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Yikes that's terrible! Believe me my kids would not be let out of my site!

Rose I am studying Chilcare. I figured that I might aswell do a job where you finish same time as you kids and have school holidays off.

I do have a key for my mums house but I wouldn't feel right just going round there when she's not there. Wierd I am lol

Thanks for you comments girls! I can't wait for my new kitchen
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would love to have a new kitchen. One of these days....

Good luck with the college stuff. I'm sure you will do great and it will be so much fun!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Thanks! I am really nervous about it. I enrol tomorrow at 1.30pm and I go on Fridays and some thursdays. I will also be doing a work placement on Monday and Tuesday so i feel REALLY bad about leaving the kids. On Fridays they will be with my mum though
|

User Profile
Supporter
what is a fitted kitchen??? my brain is fuzzy today sick kid home sooo long night
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
basically all your appliances fit in together with the worktops.

|

User Profile
Supporter
wow that is beautiful is that what it will look like in the end? if so your so lucky lol
oh congrats on the collage thying girl im so proud of you
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah i remember the elizabeth smart story Sad

you just cant trust people you dont know these days.period
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yay for all the college stuff!! I'd be so excited for a new kitchen!! & even better if I didn't have to pay for it lol Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
I HATE having the maintance ppl in my house. Im like what do I do? cant go about normally cuz theres a stranger watching you, im even cautious on whats on the the TV cuz I dont want them to be like ya that lady is a nut!

Yay for college I hope everything just falls into place for you.
|