Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Chat Forum

Can't pass gas and gas pain ! (Page 1)

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I am 34 years old and for as long as I can remember I have had a HORRIBLE time passing gas.! I DONT MIND passing it when I can... As matter of fact I try to Fart AS OFTEN as I can! BUT I CAN"T!!!!!!!!!! I get the worst gas pain DAILY! And find myself taking far more gas X for relief of this pain than I like.. I eat good healthy foods, and go number 2 regular. But since childhood I have had HELL passing gas.. I have been to the doctor and everytime I go I get told some far off insane BS. Is there somthing in my diet I can add to help this.. Some days I feel like a balloon BEGGING to be popped.>! ANYONE HELPP ME FIGURE THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rad2123
|

replied February 4th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Sad i have no clue
maybe you should see a dr because i dont think its normal to have a hard time OR hurt when you pass gass

btw im from texas as well!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I've decided that Gas X pretty much sucks...

Anyways, keep track of what you eat when you get stomach aches and then avoid that food.
|

Especially eHealthy
What do you mean you've been told "far out insane bs?" Did the stuff your doctor tell you just not make any sense? You could have an actual digestive disorder that you've been ignoring for all of these years...
|

replied July 8th, 2009
I have the same problem passing gas from both ends. It is very painful.
I have found some remedies of my own that help me to pass gas or burp if the gas is around my abdominal area.

I drank a a San pellegrino carbonated mineral water and that forced my gas upwards and I was able to burp with ease. You can drink clear soda as well and that works too.

As for farting it helps if you pat your stomach from abdoman to intestines. Or if you rub your intestinal area in in a downward motion near your hip bones. then pushes the gas downward and makes it easier to fart.

I hope this helps.
|

User Profile
replied July 8th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You may also be swallowing a lot of air when you eat or drink. Make sure you eat slowly and chew your food well to aid digestion and to keep from swallowing air. Don't gulp things down (food or drink).
|

replied March 23rd, 2010
I mistakenly thought I could'nt pass gas often enough but I just was sort of creating the pain. When I just forgot about it and stopped trying to force things the pain went away and I passed gas whenever I was supposed to. Not sure if this is the same situation but I always try to pass along the info.
|

replied September 18th, 2010
look into "activated charcoal"
apparently its the best thing out there
|

replied September 20th, 2010
add fibre to your diet.
|

replied October 5th, 2010
What I LOVE to do when I'm gassy is...okay i know this will sound funny, but IT WORKS ! I pile up my pillows, lay over them belly down, and have my butt in the air. I would literally feel the gas making it's way out. you want your chest to be lower than your butt. try it Smile
|

replied January 26th, 2011
i have the same problem, it hurts so much to a point where i have to stop activity and i cant stop complaining about it others. iv seen 4 different doctors and they cannot tell me what is wrong. it happens daily and its random please help
|

replied January 30th, 2011
yes omg absolutely i have had the same problem for years and the pillows do work make sure they are pushing in the mid stmach area and have your bottom way up in the air like the position downward facing dog in yoga
|

replied March 16th, 2011
sunitak22@hotmail.com
this is the first time i am having pain passing gas and i also have alot of abdominal pain what is the cause off this and how can i help it
|

replied March 16th, 2011
how can i stop the pain when i want to pass gas
this is the first time i am having pain passing gas and i also have alot of abdominal pain what is the cause off this and how can i help it
|

replied March 4th, 2012
I am also having problems passing gas and burping and i have a nervous habit of swallowing air. I balloon and i feel the gas moving but it doesnt come out. At the moment i am seeing a doctor about my unusual sudden onset of constipation. And am taking senna(aka senokot s). I take 3 pills a day and i think it has stopped working. I feel like im gonna burst because i keep swallowing air(was a rough day). They are going to check my thyroid because hypothyroidism can cause constipation. I know how you feel, Not being able to burp is a pain in the ass literally. We will see what happens.
|

replied June 18th, 2012
I have the same problem, my build up of gas occurs hours after I have had diarrhea. It literally feels like there is a balloon inside of me that someone is blowing up and it hurts terribly! I cannot pass the gas either. Does this occur to others after they have had diarrhea?
|

replied June 26th, 2012
ive been suffering wit gas for so long, its become my life. step 1 i take a pain killer only for svere pain (paracetamol, panadol etc.) step two take the dosage of gas-x step three make a very HOT cup of lipton tea or any tea bag u hav with less milk and/or sugar. MUST be HOT and drink all while hot. may need 2 cups and can take hours but it WILL make u burp while u drink. if u suffer from mild gas but regular. make a hot cup in the mornings and nights part of ur lifestyle. u may not even know wen gas is sneaking up but if the hot tea makes u belch like a cow lol. its worth it. my horses get collic (gas) alot. pain killers then meds for them too. PS. get some pepper mint oil and add a drop or two to ur tea.
|

replied June 27th, 2012
OMG My husband thinks I am NUTS! I feel the gas bubbles "glugging" through my intestine and if I am lying down you can actually see my stomach (belly area) jump around and gas bubbles causing odd shapes pressing up on my skin!!! I've maxed out the dosage of both gas-x and phazyme both of which have stopped working. I'm going to try both a gluetin free and lactose free diet for 2 weeks and see if it makes any difference. (Hello lots of veggies and fruits!)
|

replied June 27th, 2012
OMG My husband thinks I am NUTS! I feel the gas bubbles "glugging" through my intestine and if I am lying down you can actually see my stomach (belly area) jump around and gas bubbles causing odd shapes pressing up on my skin!!! I've maxed out the dosage of both gas-x and phazyme both of which have stopped working. I'm going to try both a gluetin free and lactose free diet for 2 weeks and see if it makes any difference. (Hello lots of veggies and fruits!)
|

replied June 28th, 2012
my sister cant fart
my sister has just had a baby and she cant fart the doctors have said that she is not aloud to massage her stomach becuase of complications from her pregnancy. and she is also breastfeeding so we need some ideas that are safe. can anybody help???
|
12 >>