Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Cramp or sharp pain in chest

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I hope I can find an answer here to a issue that I have had lately. I am a 33 year old male, 6'1" and 170lbs. I smoke and drink alcohol regularly and am not the poster child for healthy eating. I know these are not good things and should quit but I haven't as of yet. Anyhow, for the past two weeks, I have been experiencing extreme cramp style pain under my left breast and it comes and goes about 3-5 times per day. It is more actually to the side of my left breast but it feels deep inside. I get really clamy and it hurts to breathe. It lasts about 5 minutes or so then subsides. Today, it lasted all morning, but has calmed over the past 30 minutes but I still feel discomfort. Any ideas or recommendations other than the standard go to the Dr.? I am when I can get an appt. but I was wondering what is happening.

Thanks for any info.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank emcomm for this post: mlstyl123 

User Profile
replied February 14th, 2008
Experienced User
Are you experiencing these cramps on, near, or around your heart?
|

replied July 5th, 2008
I have the same issues
I am wondering if you ever found out what was causing the pain in your chest. I have the same issues as you, I know i should go to a dr but of course i have to 1st try and diagnois myself. Hope to hear from you soon.
|