Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Talking in sleep

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. For about two months now I have been talking in my sleep as clear as day. Scaring my son in the next room to death. My pharmasist looked at my large med list and could not find anything he though would promote this. This is really starting to worry me. Last night I was giving directions to somewhere to someone.

Some input please on this post,
Carrie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 3rd, 2008
Experienced User
Yess
Hi Carrie .

Yess im doing it all the time having full on conversations when im sleeping.
my boyfriend said he is startled im going on for ages reall talking even shouting somtimes......it worried me.
my mother has seen me loads of times worried somthing was wrong with me in the next room she came in to hear me taking a job interview talking asif i was awake.

yes i found a cause of it over thinking or worrying its like your dreams when you constantly think of someone or somthing you dream it.

but some people talk about it in there sleep.

how long do you do this for carrie?
|

replied February 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Jodie
Usually every night now and at least one conversation a night sometimes more. But mine make no sense from what my son told me. Sometimes, in sentences and others just a few words. But only thing is, I can't see who it is I am talking to. Like there is no one special. Like I said last night with the directions. I don't remember doing it or even who I was talking to.
Sometimes it is just one time a night, others it is a couple at different times. Makes me feel kinda nuts. I have never talked in my sleep untill now. Really wierd and unsettling.

Carrie
|

replied February 4th, 2008
Experienced User
Carrie
Yes Carrie also he told me im babblingon somtimes.
and he doesnt know what i am sayin.
pretty weirdi know.
i never used to talkinmyleep either i think it could be somthing to do with
anxiety ...or constnt worry and thoughts
you have any ideas.

Jodie
|

Extremely eHealthy
I am like you are sometimes Jodie. I am always as clear as day and well understood. That is the worst part. My late greatgrandmother with age started doing this. Use to scare the guts out of me when I use to sleep next to her in bed as a kid. Nanny was a great woman! I remember this one night as it was yesterday. All of a sudden she starts yelling "Carol's (my given name) is in the snow'! I thought I was going to have a stroke at age 13.

Carrie
|

Experienced User
Oh
IUsed To Love Sleeping Down Grandmothers Treats And All Sorts Very Happy
Soime Carrie I Think Im Never in To Get Out Of This Anxiety It Like Im Watching The World Somtimes i Ask myself Why Is Life?
Its Like One Big Cycle ......You Live You Cry Laugh And You Get Ill And Die Somtimes Younger Or Older.All This World Is Mostly Suffering.
I See No Future For Me And A Horrible Sense Im Going To Die Soon!

Will i Get Through i Wonder Or Am I Going To Die?

Jodie
|

Extremely eHealthy
Jodie, you and I and the rest of the gang will get through this. This is not a bed of roses world we live in right now. I really don't think it ever was or ever will be. But, we have to learn our own servival tecniques and use them when we need them. And we will overcome and we will servive! You just can NOT let it rule you. You are in control and you and the rest of us have to make the best of our lives while we have the chance. And together we can make a difference.

Hugs,
Carrie
|

Experienced User
I Hope So Carrie
I Really Hope So Carrie.........Very Happy
I Find All The Bad People Get The Best Luck !
How Are You Anyway Carrie

X
|

Extremely eHealthy
I am hanging in there Jodie. Just waiting for Wed for my neurosurgeon visit for the ulimate decission. Other than that the Vicodin is working well. Got a lot on my plate right now with this decission on my back. Kinda anxious for sure.
Hope you are doing well also and thank-you so much for asking. I think all of us have to live just one day at a time and try and take things in a positive rather then negitive way. We live in a negitive world, why add to it eh?
All we can do is the best we can do and live every day as it was our last. Easier said then done, I know.

In My Thoughts,
Carrie
|

Experienced User
yupp
Do You Know What Mam Always ....Says

[Why Plauge Yourself With Anxiety When each day has its own anxiety]

I Have Somhow Come To terms With The Fact If Mine was life Threatening i Wouldnt Have Gone On For a Year .......And a Half True I Think Mines Down To Anxiety .........

Though Doctors Now Think I Have Spine Problems As My Neck And Are Constantly Crunching And Clicking Top Neck lower Back Also Grinds Sad
Whats Your Opinion On That!

What Dessicion ? For What ! You Okay

X
|

Does it usually make sense? Or is it a bunch of random stream of consciousness? I've been a sleep talker on and off, but I think my babble comes out as nonsense to anybody who actually hears it!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i did this too----my sisters could actually hold a conversation with me.
|

Extremely eHealthy
wavyhaired wrote:
Does it usually make sense? Or is it a bunch of random stream of consciousness? I've been a sleep talker on and off, but I think my babble comes out as nonsense to anybody who actually hears it!

Well mine is just the opposite. Clear as day. As if the person was there or on the phone with me.
See, this is all new to me. I have never had anyone tell me I talked in my sleep. And seems I have always shared a room with someone family or husband at one time or another up untill less then a year ago. Just seems so wierd that it started about a little over a month ago and I have had A&D since childhood. I just can't understand.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
It could be simply from your anxiety, especially now with all that you're dealing with. As long as it's just talking, and you're not wandering around, eating, or trying to drive, you shouldn't really have to worry.

Of course, if it lasts past your surgery and you're all better except you're still talking in your sleep, maybe you could see a sleep clinic about it.

Still praying for ya hon Smile
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks Danielle,
Yes, prayers are already starting to be answered. I hope and pray the the surgeon will at least re-X-Ray the area. Believe me, all the prayers are heard. Thank- you again. Well let you all know how I make out tomorrow morning when I come home. I have a 10:30am appt in Tampa. Hour to and from plus appt. Should be home around noon or so.

Carrie
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Experienced User
Let me know carrie
let me know aswell carrie please Very Happy.........Il Pray Aswell
|

replied March 3rd, 2008
My friends tried to have a conversation with me as I was dozing, but they said it didn't work! My sleeptalking is so intermittent and unpredictable.
|