Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Introducing... (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Oni's lil sister!!

I'll give yall the birth story, being that the pics are taking a while to upload because of the video.

Well, as yall know, I woke up Thursday having cramps. I called Baron and he got here at like noon.
We all ate, hung out, and headed to the hospital for around 2.

I got there at 2.30, and didn't get seen until 3. At 3pm I was 5cm, -2 station.
They took my blood and offered me the IV portal. I let them take my blood, but refused the portal.
They hooked me up to the monitors and she was looking GREAT!

SO, I let them monitor her for 30 mins, and told them I wanted to walk. SO I walked around the hospital for about 45 mins. I had my 2 best friends with me.
I had my mom, baron's mom, Oni, Katie, Nicole, & Katie's mom in the room for my entire labor. But Only Nicole, Katie, and Baron stayed for the birth.

Anyways, at about 5pm, my contractions were coming every minute, minute & a half.
She ckecked me and I was 8cm.

So, I walked around for another 30 mins, and decided I needed to be in the bed, so I could focus.

The pains got SOOO intense. I told the girl I wanted to get in the shower. She checked me before she let me get up, and I was at 9cm! (within 30-35mins)

I got in the shower, and was in there for about 3 mins when a different nurse came in and said I had to get out of the shower because she didn't want me delivering in there. I was LIVID!!

So I dried off and got back in the bed.
At this time, I wasn't able to stop myself from pushing. My water hadn't broken yet.
The Dr came in and checked me. He said I barely had a rim left and he wanted to break my water. I refused to let him use the amnio hook, so he dug around in there and it broke.

Of course, there was LOADS of thick merconium.

I started pushing at 6.10pm.

She came out at 6.18pm!

When he saw her he said "well, I think we definately had the dates WRONG. We should have stuck to the Feb 12 due date!"
He gave her to the PED team and they suctioned her lungs.

I didn't tear at all. And they gave her to me IMMEDIETLY after suctioning her to breastfeed. She did GREAT!! She's a PRO!!!

It was a very intense, fast, labor! Oni came in and met her MINUTES after, and was SO excited!!! She loves her sooo much!!

NYA JHANELLE SHANO
6lbs 12oz 20in.
Jan.31, 2008

Sarah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Oh those pictures are precious!!! Congratulations!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Re: Introducing...
OMG she is absolutely stunning and i love the name so much ...Oni looks like a big proud sister....Congrats too you all !!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
CONGRATS MAMA!!! YEAH!!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Awww Sarah, she's beautiful!! Do you pronounce her name as NeeUh? I love it :-d
|

Extremely eHealthy
OMG! she is BEAUTIFUL!!!. and she's like an hour and a half older than Alex!! lol Congrats and good job. Oni looks very excited to have her baby sister Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
Thanks ladies!!!

Michelle, it's pronounced like MYA. But with an 'N'!

She's a great baby and is doing AWESOME with breastfeeding!! So I"m off to feed her and rest!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
OMG!!!!!! Sarah I totally have tears in my eyes!!!! What an amazing story.. I am so glad that everything went well. She is beautiful!!! And I must say that I sooooooooo love her name!! Is the y pronounced like a y or an e?

I love the pics with Oni in them...she looks so amazed by her Smile I love it. You are one amazing women and you look great. I can't believe that you just had a baby in those pics. How are you feeling?? Hooray for not tearing.....your an old pro now..lol

So again congrats!!!!!!!!! You have a beautiful family!!!!!! Nya is just perfect!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I really like her name! Oni & Nya sounds so good together Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
congrats! you definitely luck out in the labor department! do you think you'll go for your homebirth with the next one?

she looks *just* like baron! i can't wait to see more pics of her with oni.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Gorgeous.. just gorgeous.. Great Job!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Congrats shes beautiful!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Congrats!
And I agree with Bridget...she looks JUST like Baron!
|

User Profile
Aww, congratulations, Sarah!! She's beautiful!! I love the pictures. It's great seeing the whole happy family together! And you look great, by the way.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like you had a wonderful birth! I'm glad it all went well and I love her name!!! I'm sure Brandon will to when I tell him. I can't believe she was only 6 lbs 12 oz. Sounds like the dates were definitely off.
|

User Profile
Awww congratulations!! She's beautiful ^^ and I really like her name =D
|

Especially eHealthy
Thank yall sooo much ladies!!!!!

B, Home Birth is DEF going to be an option for our next one. Getting Baron to cooperate with THAT will be the hard part! LOL!

I feel AMAZING, but I'm STILL sick!!! GRRR!! I've been coughing soo much, and it's making me pee on myself!! LOL!

I have it on video. If anyone wants to see it, I'll upload it tomorrow and pm the link to whomever.

Thanks again ladies!! She's such a blessing!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Supporter
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Congrats mommy! You did so well! She's beautiful, Sarah.
I was so tempted to call you yesterday... i needed details asap Very Happy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh Sarah you can pm the link I would looove to see it Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
Congrats Sarah!!! How exciting. I'm glad to hear everything went well for you! Nya is precious!!
|