Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

feels like something in throat after sore throat and cough

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I got sick New Year's Day with a horrible sore throat and a cough. I then lost my voice a week later for a few days. Then my symptoms got better it seemed. Well, a week and a half later I started to feel like there was something small in my throat. I cannot tell if it's near my epiglottis or further down. It feels lower. It does not hurt to swallow, but it's annoying. I have wondered if it's acid reflux (which I've never had) because there is a cool feeling inside my throat too and I am not sure what to make of that. I still have a little cough too. What do you make of this? I hope to see an ENT Dr. soon, but I'd still like some feed back. I had a similar feeling 7 years ago and they ended up taking my tonsils out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2009
I have the same problem and ENT Dr. took some samples from my throad and next time told me: "You are ok, it is just some alergic lump" .I got tablets XYZAL but it does not help. When I was there (ENT) again after 6 months the same Dr. told me "it is not easy to solve that problem in such short time" Sad . Well then I went to the GP Dr. and she told me it is some germs problems when I told her I had samles good then she changed it for virus problem. I got an antibiotics and it didn't help too. I don't know what to do, maybe it is really stomack problem.
|

replied November 10th, 2009
|