Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Irritated Vaginal Opening?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Ok, so since the beginning of Dec. the opening of my vagina has been really weird. First I thought it was the beginning of a yeast infection, bc it was moderately itchy and irritated. So I used an over the counter cream. Never went away... then the itching and irritation would get worse, then almost disappear. Went to the doc and he said it was a yeast infection, told me to use more cream. Never went away. Went back and then was told, maybe its Trich... heres a prescription and some more cream. Still hasn't gone away. I don't know what else it could be. Is it possible to be allergic to my own discharge? Because during my last period, I used tampons the whole time... and never had any problems. Then when my period was over it came back again. There is no real change in my discharge color or consistency. No noticable sores or bumps. Just red, irritated and somehwat itchy. No burning when I pee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper dice
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
did your doc ever do a test? They can do a simple urine test to determine if it's a bacterial or yeast infection.

If it's a yeast infection, antibiotics won't help. If it's a bacterial infection, anti fungals won't help. Also, antibiotics can cause yeast infections and antifungals can cause bacterial infections. You need to figure out what it is!
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Yeah tests were done. Its been almost 4 weeks since the tests... I still haven't heard anything back from the doc. I have another appt on the 7th to keep pestering her about this
|

replied February 2nd, 2008

Well, I'm having similar vaginal issues. Doctors aren't helping(especially since ive been moving around so ive been changing doctors).

Ive been researching alternative ways to get better . Anyone else have good results with natural supplement or products?

|

replied March 11th, 2009
Yeast free diets
I am having the same issues. It might have something to do with our diets.

I have found something called the yeast free diet, basically you cut all sugars and yeast out of your diet for awhile until your candida levels get back to normal...I am considering trying it, even though I love my sugar.
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2009
Experienced User
I have the same thing only it's been about 3 or 4 days that I have had it. But i've been checking it everyday and there are no sores and no weird discharge of anykind. It's just red and irritated and itchy.
|

replied February 9th, 2011
This blows...
Me too!!! I can't remember ever being thing bad... I can't even sit to eat... I get so frustrated... So any solutions?
|

replied February 10th, 2011
SOLUTION!!!
OK LADIES HERE'S THE SOLUTION: DON'T USE ANYTHING NO CREAMS NO NOTHING CLEAN OFTEN EVERY SINGLE TIME U USE THE RESTROOM WITH SESITIVE WIPIES SHOWER TWICE DAILY WITH EVE FEMINIME WASH CHANGE UNDER GARMENT EVERYTIME U CLEAN AS WELL WE HAVE SESITIVE SKIN AND WE MUST TAKE CARE OF IT I HOPE YA'LL FEEL RELIVE SOON LIK I DID AND I HAVE BEEN KEEP ME POSTED HOPE IT HELPS
-XOXO-
|

replied February 10th, 2011
eating natural yogurt twice a day for 2-3 days will do the magic for u
|

replied January 30th, 2012
vaginal itching and discomfort
I can relate i also suffer from vaginal problems like these here! I have done everything to ease discomfort ! Just seen doctor and still waiting on results but I wish you luck let you know if i find out any info. beleave me it is driving me crazy!
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
Every time I get this I eat a few cloves of GARLIC and it's gone in 24 hours. Bread + butter + chopped garlic (A lot of it) put it in the oven for a few minutes. It's the yummiest and most effective treatment ever. Creams don't do anything for me, and yogurt doesn't work well enough.
|

replied November 4th, 2012
i'm having the same problem. my vaginal hole feels irritated, i cant stretch it out properly because the skin is almost stuck together. my discharge is normal,but randomly abit lumpy. any solutions?
|

replied November 5th, 2012
vaginal opening itching
I agree with the sensitive skin comment. I found the source of my issues was the seam of my jeans was pressing on my vaginal area and opening causing irritation. I have a hard time sitting now. Just realized the source and have this same issue over the years and was treating it as a yeast infection. The cream helped soothe it but now I am looking for a cream or ointment that will aid in the healing.
|

replied March 20th, 2013
Same issue, nothing works
I have had the same thing for a couple of years now if I have sex or have heavy discharge before my period, I get very itchy around the oppeneimg like I'm having an allergic reaction from my own discharge it's very uncomfortable and once I scratch it once I can't stop it just feels worse and I end up scratching my self raw. The more I scratch the more irritated my vagina feels, I don't use any product down stairs, I shower and change regularly.. Yet still itchy as hell. Thrush cream never worked either.
|

replied May 17th, 2013
Yeast overgrowth.
What is going on in all of your cases is yeast overgrowth in your whole body. Actually Google yeast overgrowth to learn more about it. Most normal doctors know nothing about it. I had to find a holistic doctor to find someone who knew something about it. There is a lot of information that goes along with yeast overgrowth so my suggestion is to research yeast overgrowth and find a holistic doctor that can treat you. This not only affects the vagina but your whole body is affected.
|

replied June 6th, 2013
possible allergic reaction
Hey guys. I am going to try the garlic trick someone mentioned above, so we will see how that goes.

A note though, the last time I had an itching, red, and soreness problem was about 6 months ago when I bought a cheap bar of soap at the store (because living cheap in Germany is hard with some things)...I used it, and soon discovered that it was causing some sort of reaction around and in my vaginal opening area. ...I stopped buying that bar of soap and I was fine.. A week ago I bought another bar of soap, and I think I forgot it was the irritating one from a while ago because I am having more problems again.

All in all, do check about the soaps you are using...just because an allergic reaction doesn't occur on your arms or legs or chest, doesn't mean other parts of you aren't more sensitive. ...Your arms and legs and other areas of your body are much more protected surfaces of your skin, unlike genitalia. I stopped using the soap a day or two after I first used it and now I am better again.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
Cytolytic Vaginosis
Look up cytolytic vaginosis.. can easily be mistaken for bacteria or yeast and most doctors dont know about it. Ive seen 3 doctors and noone could pinpoint it but I have been doing some treatments for this and they seem to be helping.. even if it doesnt cure it.. it makes it manageable and halfway normal feeling. preseed has been the best thing ive come across so far.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
trying to help
Look up Cytolytic vaginosis.. the symptoms go away when you are menstruating.
|