Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

TROPOL INSTEAD OF INDERAL SCARRY

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
About a year ago i found out the makers of inderal (brand) 10mg are no longer making it and have been purchasing the last of it throughout the cities, i feel like a junky. Now i have 1 pill left and have been prescribed tropal 25mg (cut in half). I have taken generic inderal before long time ago and had a bad and scarry reaction it made me anxious. Just wondered if anyone is in the same boat i am or ahs been. Please please please share.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Are you sure that your reaction to generic inderal was from the medication and not from some random reaction to something else?

If so, that's really too bad that they're not making it anymore. You could talk to your doc about other similar medications. I haven't tried tropal, but let us know how it goes for you.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Brand Inderal
I too took brand Inderal made by Wyeth 80 mgs a day for 31 years when I found out that it was discontinued. I too bought all the Inderal I could find and I just ran out. My doctor has tried me on generics but have had bad side effects from them both. I aso tried the Inderal La and it just doesn't work for me because it is stretched out for too long of a period of time and I kept having heart palpitations. 80mg wasn't strong enough and 120mgs was too strong. I am very upset about my problem and have called Wyeth pharmaceuticals and Akrimax Pharmaceuticles who bought Wyeth out and was told they are not manufacturing the tablets of brand Inderal. I don't know what I am going to do? I hope someone can help.
|

replied January 26th, 2009
Brand Inderal
What medication did you finally go on that you weren't allergic to?
|