Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I Know I Should Be Happy But.........

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm not! They are moving Carly out of the NICU tonight and into the NPCN (progressive unit) I'm not really happy with their dission to move her. Although I know I should be seeing as how it's a step closer to coming home. They have gotten 8 babies in the NICU just today and 7 the day before yesterday so they are running out of room for the new babies. I feel like we are being pushed out too soon. I've totally voiced my opinions and even cried so much that I thought I'd never stop. But it did no good. She'll be moved within the next couple of hours. This means all new nurses! She's got great nurrses now who completly know her. I don't want new nurses to have to "learn" her! I'm so stressed out. It was just a couple of days ago that they moved her to the south nursery to make room in the north for new admits and I was just now getting use to it, and BAM we have to move again! Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hang in there, Rachel! Just keep a watchful eye on how things go with the new nurses & the new environment, & if you're still uncomfortable with it, keep voicing how you feel! You are her mother & you know her best! Stay strong. You're so incredible.
|

User Profile
Supporter
This has got to be tough for you, but just think how well Carly has to be doing for them to consider her stable enough to move!
If you need anything, PM me. I may not have much experience mothering a preemie, but I'm a good listener.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Rachel, this must be really hard for you. I really admire you. Just stay strong like you have been, and as Krissy said, if you feel uncomfortable tell them until they listen.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry that your so stressed out right now Sad Just try to make sure that you are there with her as much as possible until you get used to the nurses and until they get used to Carly. Hopefully you will have some great nurses there too Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hang in there hun! I'm sure the new nurses will do an excellent taking care of Carly. If something doesn't feel right, let them know right away. And keep remembering that Carly is one step closer to coming home. Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry that they're moving her so soon. Maybe it will be good for her though. She's been doing really well. I would just keep a close eye on the new nurses!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Okay, I'm back. They did it....she's now in the NPCN. And man it's beautiful there like the Hilton of all progressive units! Her nurse there tonight was super nice and seemed to know what she was doing. I don't guess it will be so bad. But I will be there 24/7....like always. They have a lot of different rules there than the NICU has. They'll let her wear clothes there...YAY and I don't have to tell or ask anyone to get her out to be held. She has her own room with 100% privacy and her own dresser for her belongings her own personal rockin chair. It's MUCH quiter and darker. Not busy at all like the NICU. Her primary nurse from NICU came by tonight to see her. he was happy for her yet sad at the same time because she LOVED her some CARLY!!! It made me cry just to see her come visit! I'm going to miss all her nurses so bad! Sad But I knew this day would eventualy (sp?) come I just wasn't prepared nor expecting it THIS soon! Thanks ladies! (((((HUGS))))) to everyone! Smile
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Oh Rachel that is heartbreaking but also good news, all mixed into one. It does sound really, really beautiful in that part of the hospital. It almost sounded like you were describing a hotel room or something!

I don't know a lot about what is going on other than your baby was born very early. Is there an estimated time when she may be able to come home?
|

Extremely eHealthy
futureshock wrote:
Oh Rachel that is heartbreaking but also good news, all mixed into one. It does sound really, really beautiful in that part of the hospital. It almost sounded like you were describing a hotel room or something!

I don't know a lot about what is going on other than your baby was born very early. Is there an estimated time when she may be able to come home?

No they won't say. I know she still needs to wean off the high flow canula and maintain her own body temp and also learn to suck and eat. So it may be another 4-8 weeks all depending on her. We have speech therapy involved in hopes to help teach her to suck. Oh yeah and teach her to swallow because she dosen't do that yet either.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow, that nursery sounds awesome! I hope you keep getting good impressions.
|