Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

itchy raised rash with headaches and blurry vision

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
I've gotten this horrible rash first on my hands and spread to other parts of my body. I went to one doctor who took a look at it, said it looks like insect bites and says well you have scabies, so she prescribes me some cream to get rid of the scabies. Seeing as I've had this rash for a little over a week and I'm the only one going through this is my house where there is 4 other people(my boyfriend, 2 daughters 9y.o and 8 months, and one son 7y.o) I find it hard to believe. So I went to another doctor, a few days later, who looks at it says she's not exactly sure what it is, she doubts it's scabies and sometimes you get rashes for reasons unknown and they just go away on their own. So she gives me a precription for Triamcinolone Acetonice cream and says if it doesn't go away in about 2 weeks to call a dermotologist and have them take a look. Which I do have an appt. for, Feb. 14th.
This rash has really begun to be a problem for me, it is very itchy, raised bumps that start to peel in the middle and has become painful. It's not only the rash that makes me think there is something wrong. I have also been getting headaches off and on, I had a problem with my right eye, it got blurry in the corner and had shining spots on both the top and bottom of the blur, I've been sleeping a lot. My periods have been irregular since november. Also, my bowel movements have increased, sometimes being nothing but water(sorry, gross I know.)
I feel like my body is trying to tell me something, but I have no clue what. Can anyone give me any type of direction to go as far as what it could be?

-Thanks in advance-
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I think you should either go to the hospital or get a second opinion from another doctor, that doesn't sound good. And you definitely shouldn't be around that baby until you find out what it is, in case it's contagious!
|

replied June 12th, 2009
Rash and Vision Problems
Impish,
Did you ever find out what it was. I have the rash, blurred vision w/ black, white and shining spots too.
LuckyLindy13
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
vision, rash, menstrual problems
OMG, this exactly describes what I've been suffering from for the last 2 months...vision changes, menstrual irregularities, then yesterday broke out on a bright red itchy bumpy rash. Been to see my opthanologist and doctor repeatedly, they can't find anything wrong. being screened for early menopause, diabetes, thyroid problems, no results yet. No one else in my family has anything (I also have a 1 year old who clings to me constantly, but thank god no symptoms). Have you found any answers???
|

replied June 23rd, 2009
Visual Disturbances and Rash
I went to the optometrist and they found nothing. Went to an optomologist and he says that a flu virus got into my eye and scarred my retinas. I have had it for a little over a month and it never goes away. He prescribed 25 mg of Indomethacin twice a day and wants me to come back in two weeks. Been taking the pills for one week and so far it has not helped my vision. I got rid of the rash by using my 21 month old's echsema (sp?)cream. I had the flu right before all of this started but my only symptom then was a fever that caused chills and sweats. I will keep you posted. These spots in my eyes makes small things "dissapear" on me as I try to pick them up...very annoying!!
|

replied December 4th, 2011
What ended up happening... I am having the same problems and the doctors tooka similar course but little or no results. Please update.
|

replied December 4th, 2011
What ended up happening... I am having the same problems and the doctors tooka similar course but little or no results. Please update.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
I have the same symptoms as does my mum rash itchy bum hot flushes. Doctor prescribed me the same thing. Has anyone in this forum eaten lots of chilli or been in contact with orchards before the symptoms started?
|

replied June 13th, 2012
most likely it is scabies. I have the same symptoms as you but if you don't get it treated soon it could get more serious and if a doctor says something its usually right but there are always home remedies you could look up or look up the symptoms of scabies yourself and compare with yours. all you have to do is take a hot shower wash all your cloths and your bed stuff in hot water hot water kills them and you must wear a thick coat of lotion or something that ll suffocate them if they cant breath threw your pores in your skin they'll die
|