Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

itchy lump next to anus

For just over a week now I've had itching around my anus, I have felt a small lump just above my anus but its not painful just itchy. Last night I saw quite a bit of brght red blood on tissue, my boyfriend has had a look and says it looks like a spot thats popped. It still itching but not as bad, I bought some witch hazel but dont know if I can still use it as there seems to be a cut in the lump. Its not bleeding anymore but I'm worried its something bad, really dont want to go to the doctor!!! I know hemorroids are supposed to be painful but if I have no pain what can it be????
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile fiona05
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2008
Supporter
i would NOT put witch hazel on it for a start!! you can't use it on broken skin. i've never heard of witch hazel being used for hemmorhoids, anyway.

hemmorhoids are not neccessarily painful. i have a couple and they never give me pain or itch, as it happens. so that could be what you have. then again maybe it is just a cut or something. either way the best thing you can do for the minute is leave it alone, ie, no poking! keep the area clean etc, and when you wipe, wipe very gently. give it a couple of days and if it is still giving you a lot of bother get a doctor to check it out for you and tell you what it is. doctors see everything. i can guarantee they have seen much worse things than this, so dont worry.
|

replied March 9th, 2008
Witch Hazel
I wanted to add that witch hazel is a major ingredient in tucks pads, widely used for hemorrhoid relief. It is an astringent and it will help reduce the swelling. I have used it for hemorrhoids and it works fine...but an ice compress is better and faster and cleaner. Just make sure you are NOT straining when you move the bowels...
|

replied November 10th, 2010
i have one but im scared to touch it its a lump but ive got abdominal pain and constipation hmmm if u think its serious dont wrote back or ill be scared i have phobia of docters
|

replied November 10th, 2010
not really abdomanial pain feels like period pain
|

replied September 9th, 2012
itchy bum small lumps and blood
i have had anal itching for about 5 years far to embarrassed to go to the doctor i just assumed its piles i have 2 small lumps also and iv noticed blood on the toilet paper sometimes once or twice iv had quite alot of blood pass when iv had a number 2 although this has not happened in about 5 months iv recently had a little boy with my gf and now im starting to worry incase its serious because now its not just gonna affect my life can someone please help im horrified at the thought of a doctor nosing around my bum, prob every mans worst nightmare if anyone has any advice then please give it.

thankyou
|

replied September 9th, 2012
itchy bum small lumps and blood
i have had anal itching for about 5 years far to embarrassed to go to the doctor i just assumed its piles i have 2 small lumps also and iv noticed blood on the toilet paper sometimes once or twice iv had quite alot of blood pass when iv had a number 2 although this has not happened in about 5 months iv recently had a little boy with my gf and now im starting to worry incase its serious because now its not just gonna affect my life can someone please help im horrified at the thought of a doctor nosing around my bum, prob every mans worst nightmare if anyone has any advice then please give it.

thankyou
|

replied July 4th, 2013
Hi ive had a lump on my bumhole and I webt to the docs recently, he said it was a fisher which is like a small tear on the bumhole. I got a cream to apply after I do a nmber two. I also get constipated quite a bit and he said u should eat more fibre. It would also itch sometimes and felt tender to touch.
I would recommend that just to get it checked out, its a bumhole abd everyone has got one, ask for a female/male doctor if you feel more comfortable with tht. Or ask for a different doctor than the one you would usually see. Its a bit embarassing fir us but the doctor has seen plenty before, its all over in a few minutes anyway and theb it can be sorted.
|
Quick Reply