Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

ultrasound and missed periods

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
My husband and i thought we were preg. kept getting neg test and my dr. wanted me to come in. Well when i went in on Tues, we talked to her and she took blood work (still have not gotten test results back and its been two days), and she said i need to come in this coming tues for an ultrasound. Im confused as to why she would want to do an ultrasound. My husband is the one that requested the blood work to make sure 100% that we are not preg. (she wanted me to take some pill for 10 days so i would start my period to help us get preg. faster). But why would she want an ultrasound????? I have been having cramps but thought maybe it was from the bc...could that be why???? But even if thats the case why an ultrasound???? Please anybody that has any advice im soooooo nervous as to why she would want to do this!!! Thank you sooooooo much in advance for any advice!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Experienced User
Re: confused about ultrasound?????
trijos21 wrote:
My husband and i thought we were preg. kept getting neg test and my dr. wanted me to come in. Well when i went in on Tues, we talked to her and she took blood work (still have not gotten test results back and its been two days), and she said i need to come in this coming tues for an ultrasound. Im confused as to why she would want to do an ultrasound. My husband is the one that requested the blood work to make sure 100% that we are not preg. (she wanted me to take some pill for 10 days so i would start my period to help us get preg. faster). But why would she want an ultrasound????? I have been having cramps but thought maybe it was from the bc...could that be why???? But even if thats the case why an ultrasound???? Please anybody that has any advice im soooooo nervous as to why she would want to do this!!! Thank you sooooooo much in advance for any advice!!!

Try not to worry too much...my guess would be that she just wants to verify if you are pregnant or not. An ultrasound is the most accurate way to see if there's a baby in there. So don't worry - she probably just wants to be able to tell you for sure if you're pregnant or not! Wink Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Even blood work can be wrong for some people. Ultrasound is the absolute best way to find out if you're pregnant. Good luck! Smile
|