Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

heartbeat in stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Ok i have a question. is it normal to have your heartbeat in your stomach? When you laying down you can see your stomach jump by itself
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, this is normal. You have a very large artery in your abdomen and it is possible to see it pulsate.
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Experienced User
i didn't know that... haha that'll give me something to do while i'm trying to sleep tonight. thanks! Smile
|

replied March 21st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Totally! Happens to me too. It's the dipped-in area beneath my sternum. I can see it beating whenever I lay down and relax and hold out my breath for a few seconds. It's completely normal!
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Yep, it's called your abdominal aorta.
|

replied April 18th, 2011
ok, its very possible that im pregnant, and there is a heart beat in my stomuch, but when i put one hand on my heart, and one hand on my stomuch the beats arent the same. is it possible that its my baby's heart beat??
|
Tags: stomach
Quick Reply