Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

woman lies and manipulates

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I have a son who is in a damanaging relationship with a bipolar woman who lies, and manipulates to have her way. My son is a codependent as I am, and he doesn't want to hurt this girl; however, he wants out of the relationship, and every time he trys this girl either tries to girl herself or fakes some fatal illness. I just need him in knowing how to help my son

desperate
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
Supporter
next time he tries to get out of relationship and the girl tries to kill herself, take her to the nearest mental ward and they will help her. if she fakes fatal illness again, take her to the hospital and they will help her.
|

replied February 7th, 2010
Women lie about illnesses to hope that their abuser will stop!
Does it ever accure that the women maybe lying to cover for abuse your son maybe causing her? Most women cover for their loved ones and feel that they are going to change. Fact remains that they never do! Your son maybe the issue and not her. If he wants out- he should just get out...I can assure you that the "issue" of her "lying" would quickly go away and she would be able to get the mental help she needs to recover this disorder she is prob covering up. I have a hard time thinking your son isn't to blame for a women to lie about an illness- over 8.5 million women lie to cover for their abusive relationships. Its easier to lie about the cuts, bruises and scars then to have people know what is sincerely going on behind close doors. And I can bet you already know this!
|

replied February 10th, 2010
I definitely agree with notalone123!
Probably tha specific woman has a bad character!
|

replied February 10th, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Women lie about illnesses to hope that their abuser will sto
notalone123 wrote:
Does it ever accure that the women maybe lying to cover for abuse your son maybe causing her? Most women cover for their loved ones and feel that they are going to change. Fact remains that they never do! Your son maybe the issue and not her. If he wants out- he should just get out...I can assure you that the "issue" of her "lying" would quickly go away and she would be able to get the mental help she needs to recover this disorder she is prob covering up. I have a hard time thinking your son isn't to blame for a women to lie about an illness- over 8.5 million women lie to cover for their abusive relationships. Its easier to lie about the cuts, bruises and scars then to have people know what is sincerely going on behind close doors. And I can bet you already know this!

WHAT? Where does this even come from? What in this post or any of the responses would imply that her son is abusing his girlfriend?
|

replied August 14th, 2010
I dont agree with the others. My girl lied about other peoples illness all the time. About every other month someone had a tragic diesease or horrible act done upon them. Each time she distanced herself but I know now she used them to throw me off of her other secret relationships. I couldn't have been nicer to her. Never had a fight or raised my voice at her. Your son should leave and is probably addicted to the feeling of love. Its hard to leave when you care about some one. Codependants fall in love with victims and I think are the best people to love bpd's. You can trust they will put up with a ton of crap. She's just faking it to prey on his compassion. She cant handle being dumped but will dump him when something better comes her way.
|