Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

11 mm Kidney Stone and pain meds

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
In 2003, I was teaching English in Ecuador and had a kidney stone that was 11 mm!! I had to get 4 injections of Morphine when I was admitted to the hospital and that just CALMED ME DOWN. I STILL had pain. They had to go up and cut it up to get it to pass! NOW, I have another one and I am in the states. I HOPE that this one isnt that big, but I am seeing my urologist today and HOPEFULLY he will give me something for pain so I can pass this thing or he can go in and get it out! I am starting a new job next week and cant have this going on with everything else going on in my life (lumbar damage to my bac, etc). I know that in Ecuador they were very generous with the Morphine, but I am not sure how it will be here in the states. I HOPE it is somewhat similar. Does anyone have any idea or any idvice. I HATE these things!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How are you doing?
Did you see a doctor for your kidney stones?

I get these all the time and I know they are worse than giving birth!!!

Here in the USA we have pain scale and doctors,nurses,hospitals, etc.. must ask you what your pain level is 0-10..10 being the worst.

Sorry to hear you suffer with other problems as well...I am in the same boat.Sad

Hope you feel better soon..Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply