Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

protruding stomach and always feels full

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
i am a 22 year old female. i play college basketball and am in peak physical condition. i lost about 10 lbs this summer and maintained an extremely regimented diet. since school started this year i have noticed that when i eat my stomach never seems to flaten out. every time i eat, i feel bloated and my stomach feels swollen. i know its not fat that i am gaining. my hip bones are visible and the veins that run near my waist poke out. i have not changed my diet since the summer and do not drink. however i am having to increase my caloric intake due to my increased energy requirement.

it is a very uncomfortable feeling, as my stomach always feels full and as if its going to explode. is there anyone who has an answer or idea as to what i could do to fix the situation????????? thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Femoral Hernia
Have you looked into it being a femoral hernia? Do you have a painful lump at the crease of your leg below the abdomen when you sit down? Could also be a sports hernia or something causing bowel obstruction. How are your bowels when you're bloated?
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Femoral Hernia
Have you looked into it being a femoral hernia? Do you have a painful lump at the crease of your leg below the abdomen when you sit down? Could also be a sports hernia or something causing bowel obstruction. How are your bowels when you're bloated?
|

replied May 23rd, 2011
Stomach Pain and fullness
I'm Almost 17, female, and I've been recently experiencing fullness and stomach pain, and when i go to eat the normal amount of food that i usually eat, i feel nauseated. i go to the washroom even more so then usual, and that doesn't help the pain. I'm starting to become concerned that there could be something seriously wrong with me. maybe i could be pregnant although i had protected sex and i am on birth control.. all i know is the pain won't go away. it's mainly on my right side of my abdomen, but theres more of a mild pain on the left side. Help?
|