Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Hole in vagina lip

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have the strangest situation and I'm freaking out. And of course I can't get an appt. w/ the gyno for 6 weeks, so after checking dozens of medical web sites and finding nothing, I thought I'd see if anyone here has ever heard of this.
I've always been itchy - just figured I was who those Vagisil commercials were aimed at. Then, within the past year I noticed painful bumps around my anus and assumed I had hemmoroids, so I've been using PreperationH for some time. Lately, the burning is getting more intense, so a few days ago, I tried to do a little self exam and saw what looked like a dark blister inside the lip of my vagina. So I was freaking out, checking every STD web site there is. Well today, I got in front of the mirror and did a more thorough exam and it's not a blister. It's actually a hole in the tissue there. It looks like I pierced my lip with about a 1/2cm - 1cm stud... but I'm pretty sure I'd remember that.

HELP! Anyone know if this is a sign of something? Or has anyone else experienced vaginal tearing that has nothing to do with an epesiotomy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
oh dear. Are you sexually active? If so, I don't really know what kind of std it could be, but definitely something you need to get checked out right away.

Can you get in to a planned parenthood or urgent care facility any sooner?
|

replied August 19th, 2009
That's crazy, this is the only post I can find on this, and I have the exact same promblem, well I guess mine is more like a mini crater than a hole, I figured it was because I scratched it when I was sleeping, since I have long nails and it feels alot like a bad scratch, but now it's puffed up some. I hope you find out what it is and if I can get into a doctor and find out, i'll let ya know good luck:)
|

replied January 9th, 2010
hole in vagina lip
my girl friends has a hole on hers to just noticed it a few days ago she had a baby 4 weeks ago and she goes tot he hospital to get it checked out if you want me to keep you updated put the subject update of lips
|

replied April 6th, 2011
Message was sent out via facebook. Hole through lip of vagina
Information for all new mum's or pregnant women.
Not that this is something I really want to share, but when I could find no info on this subject when I was really scared there was something wrong with me, I decided that my embarrassment was worth less then the fear in my friends.
Last night when I was showering, I found a HOLE through the lip of my vagina. AN ACTUAL HOLE!!!!!
I searched for hours on the internet for info on what m...ay have caused it and if it was life threatening and found only 3 comments on health sites with other women that have it as well but with no info on what caused it.

Upon going to the doctor, she informed me that it is nothing dangerous, not an infection and should cause me no discomfort (other then the fact I now have to live with it).
It was caused when I gave birth to Hayden..... I would have had a very small tear on the inside of the lip that ended up going all the way through to form a hole. Nothing could have prevented it and although it is not common, it does happen.

So ladies, check yourselves out before and after birth and it you notice the same thing, don't worry yourself to death over it like I did. It may be unpleasant to find but it won't hurt you. Good luck!
|

replied April 29th, 2011
I have a hole right where my leg meets the side of my vagina and there is a tiny one right next to it. It was a cyst at one point about 6 or so months about but since that's where my underwear is it popped and it never properly healed. Recently I was in the shower and I noticed it was bleeding. I did something I know I'm not supposed to do and I squeezed it and it made a..squish noise and expelled some blood but then sucked it back in after I let go from squeezing it. I am sexually active, however I've only been with one person for 6 years and we were eachothers firsts. Help?
|

replied July 8th, 2011
Hi, I am reading these posts and I noticed they are rather old but I also had a small carter like hole in the lip of my vagina, I was recently diagnosed with herpes and she said that it could have been a blister that is healing itself. Now I have always been a picture of health sexually wise and just recently lost a baby with my fiance. When asking why wasn't I told previously that I had a STI she informed me that when getting routine checks done you have to specificlly ask for a herpes test because if you have ever had a cold sore etc. it will show as a positive test. So when testing they typically just swab the site where you are having the discomfort or in my case small hole. Herpes can live in your body dormant for years and you will never know until you have an outbreak. It can be transferred even when everything looks okay even when wearing condoms. Please ladies ask for this test it was very un-nerving to hear that when asking to be tested for "everything" in reality they do not.It is also not the greatest conversation to have with the man you've been faithful to for years. I hope this helps and I pray that everything was okay with the women who posted here.
|

replied August 9th, 2011
Hi, Im hoping someone can help me. Ive recently noticed that I have a tube like lump on my labia. Ive been trying to find out what it is by looking online but all I seem to find are lumps and mine is like swollen but goes inwards kind of like a tube, its really tender to touch and is uncomfortable. the skin around it seems to all go in and it looks white inside I dont think its an STI as Ive had few sexual partners and am alwasys careful also ive recently been tested for all the routine STI's and tested negative. I dont really feel comfortable visiting a doctor and was wondering if anyone else had experonced anything simular or knew what it could be :s Thank you
|

replied August 10th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, look up skenes gland and bartholin gland as they are in the area and can get infected or clogged etc to see if this is what u r speaking of
good luck
|

replied March 25th, 2012
hello i was wondering if anyone can help me iv resently noticed that in side my vagina on the lip i have a dent or a hole with whity stuff in it and cant find nothing about it could someone please help x
|

replied May 14th, 2013
With a lot of these situations it sounds like you had an ingrown hair that had just popped, dont worry ive had tons of these! It should heal up in about a week.
|

replied October 8th, 2013
Hi I just saw this and I have the same symptoms, did you ever figure out what it was that happened?
|
Quick Reply