Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

Pluracy recovery time ?

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
diagnosed with having pleurisy december 26,2007 and it is now january 27,2008 the doctor in the er prescribed 600 mg ibuprofen and 30 mg tylenol3 im curious as to if this is suppose to last this long which im thinking it is ... i was told it was c aused by a viral infection... i just want this to go away .. i find when it is really cold in the mornings is when i have a hard time catching my breath ...the chest pain isnt as bad as before its quiet mild ... now its just the catching of my breath when its cold or rainy out ...and i also have been couging up a little bit of mucus .. is this normal ?..before i found out i had pleurisy i thought i was having severe panic attacks .. my heart was beating really fast ...so fast that the nurses said my heart was beating a 100 beats per minute ..scary stuff ...i did the ct scan ..chest xray and blood tests ...i found out the hard way if u dont have insurance the er isnt very helpful... the doctor came in after 7 hours of waiting and being hooked up to an iv and ekg etc... he walked in and told me yo uhave pleurisy handed me my dishcarge papers and walked out .. how sad ...seems like people get treated alot differently when u dont have the funds to pay millions of dollars for health insurance
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper davidlichty
|

replied January 29th, 2008
pluracy
i am sorry for all of you dealing with this, but does anyone's symptoms include pain in the kidneys (left side) or pain in the shoulder, neck and jaw such as you would expect from a heart attack? i am feeling such pain.
|

replied April 21st, 2012
a crazy ordeal
My partner just left the hospital. She was in the for almost a week, She was having pain in her right side of her chest along with shortness of breath. I had to take her to 4 emergency rooms. Each one of them said it was either, her asthma acting up or bronchitis. If it wasn't foe one of the hospitals calling to check up on her and after hearing how she was talking, she would have never been admitted. She is back home now and still having slight bouts of shortness of breath and pain. She also has pain in her right jaw as well. Is was crazy what we had to go through. Did anyone go through this at all?
|

replied April 21st, 2012
a crazy ordeal
My partner just left the hospital. She was in the for almost a week, She was having pain in her right side of her chest along with shortness of breath. I had to take her to 4 emergency rooms. Each one of them said it was either, her asthma acting up or bronchitis. If it wasn't foe one of the hospitals calling to check up on her and after hearing how she was talking, she would have never been admitted. She is back home now and still having slight bouts of shortness of breath and pain. She also has pain in her right jaw as well. Is was crazy what we had to go through. Did anyone go through this at all?
|

replied January 29th, 2008
pluerisy
take an anti inflammatory for the pain .... i had 600 mg ibuprofen from my doctor and tylenol with codiene...that will aslo help w ith the pain ... if yo udont like taking pills and want to take an all natural herbal way ..take an herbal suppliment its called Lung Support ..you can buy this stuff at any organic or vitamin store ...tell the vitamin pro that you have pleurisy and what do they recommend...its and anti inflammatory ...lung support that helps boost your immune system....
|

replied October 19th, 2009
What is the recovery time for pleurisy?
I had pleurisy last week and it was the worst thing I have ever had I was first diagnosed with the swine flu and pneumonia in my right lung. I was released after 6 days and returned home only to be in the er 3 days later with pleurisy. The pain is so intense and it is almost paralizing. I was in the hospital for 19 days total. They drained the fluid from my back and now all i have is 4 small 1 1/2 inch incision on my back. I am very sore and still out of breath for little things like taking a shower is a big task. I am on so much main medicine it is unreal. I was curious on how long it takes to fully recover.
|

replied November 15th, 2009
debbado i had pneumonia and pluracy about a yr ago was in hospital for 8 weeks over all, and also had my lung drained. like i said its about a yr ago now and i still have pain in my left lung.
|

replied November 19th, 2009
Work and Money
how do you work? I have three small children, and my husband is no help.
|

replied June 7th, 2010
was told today that i had pluracy 7/6/10 waz given amoxicillin,then told to get exray in few days,feels like i have broken ribs.
|

replied January 5th, 2011
How long does it take to recover from pleurisy?
I was diagnosed with pleurisy and effusion on 12/26/2010 after being very sick for 7 weeks. First I was told it was a virus. Then it was bronchitis. Then it was pneumonia. I finally landed in the hospital with a pleural effusion. This is a very scary and painful illness and from what it seems, very difficult to recover from.
|

replied April 29th, 2012
Virul Pluerisy
I spend waiting a whole night in emergency waiting area with untolerable pain in my left chest, arm, shoulders and even Jaw.they just get my ECG done and said u have to wait like other paitents.oh God never forget that night...i was so disapointed that i went back home, but it become worse so had to go back to emergency once again finally 6 in the morning doctor came to c me.did an Xray and told me i have Virul Pluerisy and i just had to take Aspalgin or Brufin for pain.That's all nw i am at home resting but m realy disapoited the way doctors treat me.I can tell u its so painful.
|

replied June 2nd, 2012
Bad news! I was diagnosed over 10yrs ago with pleurisy it was the worst pain imaginable, till this day I still have sharp pain in my left lung when heavy breathing especially in cold air, constant left shoulder pain, I have given up on doctors, I would give anything to make this go away!!
|