Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

dizziness, lightheadedness, seeing stars, vertigo

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm a 16 year old female.
2 days ago a experienced a sort of 'attack'.
I was feeling ill earlier in the day and decided to go back to bed, when I woke up I felt very sick and went downstairs and sat down.
I had a sudden burst of dizziness, lightheadedness, a feeling of pins and needles all over, sickness, stomach cramps. I got up barely and managed to walk into the living room witht he help of my mum, and sat down on the sofa as I lost balance and was finding it hard to walk. I got 'stars in my eyes', like when you press down on your eyes, and it got gradually worse as I walked up the stairs, and by the time I was at the top I lost sight for a short amount of time and lost balance completely.
I sat in the backroom and about 10-20 minutes later I was okay, still lightheaded with a headache but okay.

I have been having ear aches for a while and I've recently developed a chest infection. I was told that maybe it was caused by something in my ear, or it was vertigo, but after looking up symptoms I couldn't find anything about the loss of sight under 'Vertigo'.

If vertigo is the case, is it anything to worry about?

Thankyou Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Id go get checked out. any possibility that you are anemic? I think that since you have been having the ear aches and the chest infection Perhaps it could be pneumonia?
|

Thankyou, I probably will.

I looked up on 'how to know if you are anemic' and I do have a fair few of the 'symptoms'.

'Once you develop a sore tongue and/or sores in your mouth, or cessation of menstruation if you are a woman, anemia is well-established.'

Sores in mouth, I get those alot. I have about 2 now, actually. Rolling Eyes

As its to do with the red blood cells, I did have a bone infection called Osteomilitis when I was younger, But if I remember correctly I think that involved white blood cells.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
well i think that your best bet is to go in and have yourself checked out. I think that its better to be safe than sorry.Smile
|