Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Itchy Vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I need help from anyone here pls... the lips of my vagina is itchy and got burning sensation for few weeks now.

I went to an ob-gyn and she checked my vagina and found out that it was dry and got some rashes. she prescribed me a cream to help remove it and i was advised to change pantylines 3-4 times a day.

But I wasn't convinced that I have no any std or yeast infection... so I asked my ob-gyn to test me... the result were... URINALYSIS...my ph level is 6 and she said it's ok , all I need to do is to drink lots of water. she checked my discharge she said it was normal too. Had vereneal and hiv/aids test.. and the result is negative.

When I started to use a cream(quadrotopic cream) for my vagina rashes, after 3 days... itchiness and burning sensation gone. But after a few days, my vagina is burning and itchy again. I tried my best to follow her advised but im wondering y my vagina started to itch again.

Now I checked my vagina it was really dry and got white discharge..not transparent..and the discharge was quite thick but has no smell at all. I also noticed that there is a small lump near the opening of my vagina, before I don't have it. I'm wondering if it's a genital warts...

I don't know what to do now, so pls I need some help from you! I want to know if anyone of u have experienced this and I want to know the causes and how u treated it.

Thanks in Advance...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chickee77
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Experienced User
Re: Itchy Vagina...pls help
dontknow_me21 wrote:
I need help from anyone here pls... the lips of my vagina is itchy and got burning sensation for few weeks now.

I went to an ob-gyn and she checked my vagina and found out that it was dry and got some rashes. she prescribed me a cream to help remove it and i was advised to change pantylines 3-4 times a day.

But I wasn't convinced that I have no any std or yeast infection... so I asked my ob-gyn to test me... the result were... URINALYSIS...my ph level is 6 and she said it's ok , all I need to do is to drink lots of water. she checked my discharge she said it was normal too. Had vereneal and hiv/aids test.. and the result is negative.

When I started to use a cream(quadrotopic cream) for my vagina rashes, after 3 days... itchiness and burning sensation gone. But after a few days, my vagina is burning and itchy again. I tried my best to follow her advised but im wondering y my vagina started to itch again.

Now I checked my vagina it was really dry and got white discharge..not transparent..and the discharge was quite thick but has no smell at all. I also noticed that there is a small lump near the opening of my vagina, before I don't have it. I'm wondering if it's a genital warts...

I don't know what to do now, so pls I need some help from you! I want to know if anyone of u have experienced this and I want to know the causes and how u treated it.

Thanks in Advance...

Hi there! I think I can speak for most women when I tell you you're definitely not the only one who's experienced an itchy vagina. Wink It's a complex body part and sometimes needs a little extra maintenance. I think if you've been tested for everything and everything has come back negative, you should put your mind at ease and discard a venereal disease as the cause of your itchiness/dryness. It sounds to me, between the itching and thick discharge, that you may have a yeast infection...I'd try purchasing an over-the-counter yeast infection kit, like Monistat. They also sell cream for vaginal itching/dryness, the brand that first comes to mind is Vagisil. If you're not feeling better after using the kit as directed, you can call your doctor again as you may just have some chronic dryness going on down there. Good luck - Hope you feel better! Smile
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
I suffer from the same thing and have for YEARS. It's not a yeast infection, and vagisil burns. It gets extremely worse right before my period. I've followed all the same tips and nothing relieves the itch. I've been wondering though if it could be eczema or psoriasis?
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
I suffer from the same thing and have for YEARS. It's not a yeast infection, and vagisil burns. It gets extremely worse right before my period. I've followed all the same tips and nothing relieves the itch. I've been wondering though if it could be eczema or psoriasis?
|

replied February 12th, 2012
Im 13 years old, and i've been experiencing the same thing so has my Mom. Im a virgin, and my mom hasnt has sex in several years so we know it's no diesease. We've had this for months and both of our doctors sort of ignore the issue they said maybe it's a yeast infection and to get medication from the grocery store. We've tried everything, we tried canfo finice (however you spell it), vaginal wash,tons of creams , it kinda relieves the itch for a few hours but makes it no better. And yes none of the tips help. We use the basics of everything, basic soaps and same soaps we've used for years, we don't use bubble bath soaps, no scented tampons or pads, or none of the scented products. If you do any of this, you might want to try
-Unscented pads/tampons
-Ivory, Irish soap
-Get new mattresses/blankets/pillows (we also did this)
-Consult your doctor
-Get a yeast infection test and take it (it's like a pregnancy test but for Yeast Infections)
Try these, reply if they help! Good luck!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
What was the cream? It sounds like a yeast infection, but I guess if she tested for that then probably not. I'm guessing she checked for bacterial infection too? Have you had the full std checkup? I'd go back and demand answers.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Georgia59 wrote:
What was the cream? It sounds like a yeast infection, but I guess if she tested for that then probably not. I'm guessing she checked for bacterial infection too? Have you had the full std checkup? I'd go back and demand answers.

Oh, she did say she tested negative for a yeast infection, didn't she...Hmm...well, I'm stumped. I would probably call the doctor & harass her at this point, too!
|

replied January 31st, 2008
RachieBaby82, Thanks so much for the reply. I decided to buy Vagisil and Monistat now and if ever it doesn't work I need to go back to my Ob-Gyn.
|

replied January 31st, 2008
Georgia59 wrote:

Quadrotopic Cream, for rashes... yes it sounds like yeast infection but the ob told me that I don't have an outbreak. Yes I had full std checkup.
I'm planning to take RachieBaby82 advise, and if it doesn't work, I will go back to my doc.

Thanks guys for the reply...
|

replied February 3rd, 2008
dontknow_me21 wrote:

Thanks in Advance...

I just wanted to say thanks for the people who replied to my post here. You guys were really nice.

But, I've got a bad news, after weeks of wondering what's really wrong with my vagina... Finally I got an answer now.

I was about to go to a drug store yesterday to buy the cream that was being advised here but the excess skin that is really visible now alarmed me. So I called up my OB-GYN and did talk about it over the fone. I was advised to take a cream but I told her to examine me again before I would take it.

To summarised the story, I told her that I suspect it was a GENITAL WARTS. But she told me she didn't see any of it when she checked me last Jan 15. She checked my vagina again...saw the excess skin and she confirmed that it was GENITAL WARTS.

I feel miserable coz It is just a year (I was 23) when I started to have sex and I didn't expect that I have STD now. I feel bad coz I was honest with my previous relationships but I don't think it was fair that one of them didnt tell me that they've got it.

I will undergo CAUTERIZATION of WARTS on Tues or Saturday. But even the warts already removed, the VIRUS is already in my BLOOD and I will carry it in my ENTIRE LIFE.

What I worry about... IS I met a wonderful guy, he is a very good friend of mine. He knows everything about me. We started to get intimate after I had negative test last Jan 15. I worry a lot coz I beleive he is also infected now, and I don't know how to tell my condition to him.

I tried to talk to him last night while I was on my way back home, but no chance coz I'm not ready yet to discuss it. I asked if we can meet and talk but he is in hospital now coz of sinus infection.

I tried to talk to him again over the phone this morning and told him that I'm restless.. that we really need to talk and told him...I will fly today just to talk to him. But he said we have a lot of time and both of us should rest, coz were both not feeling well.

I don't know what to do, I want to tell him but I'm really afraid about his reaction. I'm afraid if HE will go. I'm afraid he might think I lied, but I really don't know that I have the infection until I went back to OB and checked again.

I don't know whether I will tell about my condition over the phone or wait for him until he get well and done with his business trip.... I'm scared to death!

Pls. help me, I don't know what to do, I'm miserable... I'm restless. I need you advice guys. What shall I do too now that I have Genital Warts. Can't I really make love again and can't have a baby in the futute?

THanks in ADvance!
|

User Profile
Supporter
I am sorry you are feeling so stressed about all that is happening to you but the first thing to clear up is this guilt you are feeling. It occured to me immediately that there is a good chance that you actually got the genital warts from your friend as you were intimate with him after your ob/gyn checked you and you were okay. The itchiness and discharge was probably nothing to do with that - check with your ob/gyn again for yeast, bacteria or driness.

The next thing is that, you know, sexual responsibility is a two way thing - if he took a gamble with your sexual health status (as you did with his) then he must accept some responsibilty for the outcome.

Finally, you should ask your ob/gyn about the long-term implications of general warts, when you go for treatment. I know, for instance, that it does not affect your ability to have children.

Now, relax, as your friend has advised, and take care of yourself!
|

shonster wrote:
I am sorry you are feeling so stressed about all that is happening to you but the first thing to clear up is this guilt you are feeling. It occured to me immediately that there is a good chance that you actually got the genital warts from your friend as you were intimate with him after your ob/gyn checked you and you were okay. The itchiness and discharge was probably nothing to do with that - check with your ob/gyn again for yeast, bacteria or driness.

The next thing is that, you know, sexual responsibility is a two way thing - if he took a gamble with your sexual health status (as you did with his) then he must accept some responsibilty for the outcome.

Finally, you should ask your ob/gyn about the long-term implications of general warts, when you go for treatment. I know, for instance, that it does not affect your ability to have children.

Now, relax, as your friend has advised, and take care of yourself!

Thank you so much for the advise.

I probably did not get the virus from him, because before I went to OB I already have a small excess skin and I thought it was only the cause of the itchiness. And the ob told me that she did'nt notice about it too. And I feel sad about it. Because if I went to the Ob and I was already diagnosed that I have genital warts, of course I will not try to be intimate with him. But it was already too late, and I really didn't mean to infect him.

I really don't know how to tell him about my situation, I don't want him to stay away from me or curse me coz of the problem that I have caused.

I am just waiting for him to talk in person, and I hope I have the courage to tell him, I know I really should tell about it because that is the right thing to do.

I guess this is my Fate.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2008
Supporter
Don't be sad - we all make mistakes and a big mistake has been made here - by the gyno. It is not your fault. In any case, your b/f might have contracted nothing from you so stop trying to anticipate the outcome.

Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied February 4th, 2008
listen..im gonna tell u. dont be guilty. ur gonna read this reply and when ur done thats the last time ur gonna feel guilty okay??

you did absolutely nothing wrong. nothing.u did even more than alot of girls would. you noticed a problem and u made sure that u got answers. its not ur fault a guy u were with never told u he had genital warts..and u know wat? he may have not even known. because sometimes when certain ppl get it they dont get the actual warts until a while afterwards..so0 he may not have even known..or he way have saw a wart and thought it was nothing.. u know how guys are. and theres no way they would ever admit something like that to one of us girls.lol

my advice to u is tell the guy the entire truth..the truth is always the best thing.
because lets say u guys start dating and u end up together a long time, the truth has to come out. so0 u might as well get it over with now. and its not like u have aids..its not that bad. just tell him the whole truth. im sure since u are such good friends, he'l understand. well go0d luck & let us know wat happens!

stay strong =]
|

replied February 9th, 2008
kassie_sept08 wrote:
listen..im gonna tell u. dont be guilty. ur gonna read this reply and when ur done thats the last time ur gonna feel guilty okay??

you did absolutely nothing wrong. nothing.u did even more than alot of girls would. you noticed a problem and u made sure that u got answers. its not ur fault a guy u were with never told u he had genital warts..and u know wat? he may have not even known. because sometimes when certain ppl get it they dont get the actual warts until a while afterwards..so0 he may not have even known..or he way have saw a wart and thought it was nothing.. u know how guys are. and theres no way they would ever admit something like that to one of us girls.lol

my advice to u is tell the guy the entire truth..the truth is always the best thing.
because lets say u guys start dating and u end up together a long time, the truth has to come out. so0 u might as well get it over with now. and its not like u have aids..its not that bad. just tell him the whole truth. im sure since u are such good friends, he'l understand. well go0d luck & let us know wat happens!

stay strong =]

Thanks so much for the advise.

I told my friend about my condition, he isn't in good condition, until now the doctors can't determine what is wrong with him.

About genital warts we've talked about it and I don't know what's really his reaction. We only talked over the phone. After few days of thinking, last night he told me that we both need to moved on. I'm so frustrated but maybe this is my fate. It hurts but the best thing to do is to go on with my life.

I would like to thanks to all of you guys for the advices... though things didn't work out the way I wanted, still thanks for the replies, IT WAS A GREAT HELP.
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
i just want to say that any guy should be reasonable enough to understand what your going through. HPV is a very common sexually transmitted disease. 80 percent of america has it at one time in their life. Thats huge. And as long as you are safe everything will be ok. think of this as a way to determine who the right guy is for you. IF anyone can dismiss you that easily, then they dont deserve you. Once you find someone who can get past such a mediocre problem then you know they are the right one. Also since your young often times your strong immune system will suppress the genital warts and eventually fizzle out. it will be dormant. Doctors still dont know if you can pass the HPV while there are no symptoms so dont worry. ANNNddd HPV rarely effects males, Yes they may get warts but they are not affected like women are when it comes to cervical cancer. Since you have the strain that causes genital warts you are lucky to not have to worry about cervical cancer because it is a low grade form. good luck and trust me you are not alone. there are way worse things that can happen in life! : )
|

replied July 12th, 2009
Virus goes permanently
now_me21,
Madam,
Let me tellyou one IMPORTANT THING,a wart virus is a very common thing and once gone will not come back. IT DOES NOT STAY IN YOUR BODY FOR LIFETIME. IT GOES OUT PERMANENTLY,like any virus.
And I suggest you take a wart remover solution,( a mixture of concentrated salicylic acid glycolic acid, or tretinoin solution.)Apply it lightly once every day ( preferably nights)and it will be gone within 15 days. The acid does not burn immediately,but very slowly and it will not hurt but buens the layers of skin affected by virus.The skin will re-grow and not virus. You can contact Dr.Prakash MD DD Dermetaologist( Glasgow )for further advice.
|

replied January 14th, 2012
Genital warts is a form of HPV and anyone who has it will carry it for life. Any dermatologist will refer you to a gynecologist for genital warts -- you cannot remove them the same way as other forms of warts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genital_wart
|

replied August 29th, 2009
i have an itchy vagina that has gone on and off for a few months. i am not sexually active so i thought it might be an irritation or something and it stopped for a while, usually when i am on my period the itching stops but when im off my period it starts up again, its hurts when i sometimes scratch it and its quite sore. i dont know what to do:|. oh and i also started to get tiny boils that are quite hard and sometimes a bit itchy. i have 4. please help
|

replied June 24th, 2011
There is nothing impossible for God! He is the doctor of doctors and the Almighty! If you ask yOu WIL receive your miracle!
|

replied September 18th, 2011
Hi, I'm nineteen and I've been experiencing the stinky discharge and itchy vagina, inside and out, for years-actually since I started my period when I was thirteen. I didn't think much of it, but now I'm really starting to wonder because it's making me absolutely miserable with the constant itching and scratching. I'm definitely not sexually active and I haven't gone to visit the gyn, but I've tried vagisil and it only relieves for a few hours, after which I have to add more cream all over. What advice would you give me, I'm a little nervous to go to the gyn and I've already told my mom, whose a nurse.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
Go back to a OB/GYN
To start off, if you aren't confident in your OB/GYN you probably should see another one! Now one thing you should consider is that STDs have a period of time that they will not show up on test, some can take weeks. Another is that herpes which can cause te symptoms you are talking about can not be tested at any time only when you have an outbreak if you want a for sure anwser, so while you have the lump you need to go to your OB/GYN do they can take a sample from the lump and test it. Only when you have the lump can they open it and gather the fluids for testing! Now herpes can cause you to have one outbreak or many but there is medication for it. I noticed someone suggested over the counter medication but you should not take those until you have spoken with a doctor and figured out what the problem is and how you are going to treat it! These over the counter drugs can cause problems depending on what's really going on with your body. Either way you need to go back to an OB/GYN whether it's the same one or another!
|

replied January 25th, 2012
Hi ugh.. wwell i have a similar problem. I have itching an burning and irritation in that aand i dont know what s causing it. I am not yet sixteen and never have i ever un my life been sexually active. I recentlyy switchedto"big girl panties". Not thongs but underwear not made of my usuall cotton hanes underwear. I was wondering if there was any possibility thaf maybe im having an alergic reaction to the new fabric or something?
Umm it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out. Like i said im only fifteen and im kinda scared.Sad i dont wanna ask my mom yet cuz i dont want her to accuse me of things i didnt do... thanks
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2012
i have the same problem. i felt really itchy in my vagina for a couple of days, when i decided to tell my fiance about it. we sought for an ob/gyn help and the ob told me that i have flat warts on the lips of my vagina. she put some solution, that really stings but relieves the itch and this solution will remove the flat warts after 14 weeks so she advice me to go back week after week. she also gave me an ointment and advice me to use Aldara. but then the skin arround my vagina is irritated by Aldara.

after 2 days my fiance asked to go for a 2nd opinion, i went to a dermatologist to check it. he said flat warts spread quite fast so i need to get cauterized immediately. i took his advice and got cauterized after a day.

this is my first week after cauterization, i still feel itch on some part of my vagina, but no marks of flat warts, im using erythromycin and asked me to come back on his clinic for a follow up on the 10th of February. upon the process, i under went series of tests too; blood, urine and vaginal discharge. he found out that i have chlamydia and gave me sets of antibiotics and a medicine that is needed to be injected. i follow his instructions well, and i feel so safe now.

he told me std may come and go but never stays. stay positive and keep praying, we'll get through this problem anytime soon. Pray! Smile

ps: i never fought with my fiance about how i got my std, he is my only sex partner and we're almost 5 years. i trusted him so well, but we can't trust the places we've been and the public toilets.
|
12 >>