Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

numbness,tingling,jerking muscles,muscle fatigue

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
I'm a 44 year old female who's experiencing intermittent numbness / tingling in my left lower arm, hand & left foot. All over my body, my muscles have the sensation of being too tight but at the same time absolutely worn out, as if they've gone to jelly because I've overexerted them. Some days this is very noticable and others I seem to be okay.
I have a chronic tremor in my hands that was barely noticible for years that worsened in the last 6 months to involve my legs, feet, tongue & lower jaw. When I sit still there's often the sensation of my muscles vibrating, for lack of a better word.
I have sudden jerking movements in my fingers, legs, feet, back & abdomen like the jerks that happen as you fall asleep, but I'm wide awake. If I'm startled, my body's reaction appears amplified beyond the normal reaction & my arms are thrown up in the air while I jump from the fright. These jerking motions are getting stronger rapidly. The tremors occur about 75% of the time, the jerking, a few times a day.
Don't know if this is related but about 3-4 weeks ago, right before this latest bout with the symptoms, I had 2 days where I felt generally rotten, like I was getting the flu or something but the flu never materialized.
Thanks for any help you can give.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2008
Experienced User
Update
I talked with some people with movement disorders and they threw out these possible conditions: Essential Tremor (ET), Myoclonus or Early-Onset Parkinson's Disease. The illnesses can be diagnosed in office, if I understand correctly, so I should have an answer to what's going on before I leave.
A big concern is that all of these symptoms can be exacerbated with the use of the medications I take for Bipolar Disorder. I'll stand my ground on this, they're not changing my meds because I've been stable for almost a year. They'll have to work around the issue.
|

replied October 1st, 2011
Symptoms
I am also a 44-year old female experiencing the SAME exact symptoms.....I am also bi-polar and wondered about the medication. I am noticing that this was posted several years ago. I wonder if this 'reply' will come to you. I do hope so. I would love to learn what your diagnosis was.....and or if there are other's out there with these symptoms. THANKS for sharing!! Wink
|