Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

negative test but cramps and tender breasts (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Confused So here is the story. I had my last period on December 17th, 2007. That would make me exactly 2 weeks late today. I took a hpt last monday (at a week late) and another on last wednesday (10 days late), both were negative. I still haven't gotten my period but i have been tired, using the restroom frequently, gassy and also haveing strange cramps, which are slightly less frequent and little more painful than usual. Also, my breasts have been tender since about 1 week before my period was due, so for the last 3 weeks. Again, tests were negative but period is not here and symptoms are frequent. I have also been under stress due to my father in law passing away about 2 weeks ago. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled, but i wondered if anyone has any insite on this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 30th, 2008
The stress of your father in law could have affected your cycle, which might be why you havent had your period yet....
although those are signs of pregnancy, so you might just have to wait it out until the doctors appointment.
Sometimes pregnancy tests dont pick up the hcg levels in early pregnancy, because they are not strong enough....so its good that your going to see a doctor, atleast then youll get a sure answer:)
|

replied February 9th, 2009
Signs
Hi!
Im 7 days late from my period. But a took a test 5 days after my du period and the test was negatif. So i did take a another test 3 days later and still negatif. For about 2 weeks i felt tried then usual, fill dizzy ans my breast are killing me! Blue vains has appear near my niples. I dont know that to do, should i go to the doctor?

Thx
|

replied January 4th, 2013
You're definitely pregnant. Just go to the doctor and get the blood test done, like you have been contemplating.

I need help too.
I stopped taking birth control in October due to finances and my bf's mom "accidentally" misplacing my pack into her purse when we all were leaving their getaway home. Anyway I had a normal period after and another one in November but now nothing in December! I am now 11 days late, sore nipples, gassy and too tired for my alarms to wake me up in the morning. I have taken two hpt's now and they both came out negative. Also, today I had a deep very sharp pain... Not quite like a cramp in that it was So concentrated in the very middle of my gut or area of my womb.
Could this be something else or does it still only point to pregnancy?
I don't know if it helps but I am 24 years old with no serious medical conditions.
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Yes. Go to the doctor, if you still haven't got you're period and are having pregnancy symptoms then it is best to see a doctor and get a blood test done to know what is going on.
|

replied April 6th, 2009
Confused
I was on the depo shot 4 almost 2 yrs. I had my last shot July 08. Got AF back in Dec. twice! Then had AF twice in Jan again. Then AF only came once in Feb. And twice again in March. Since Feb. I have had many early pregnancy symptoms, and they are only getting strong now (April 6th) I have taken multiple hpt and all have turned out neg. I have read that you can go an entire pregnancy without have a positive hpt. Im thinking of going and get a blood test! Considering AF is irregular I dont know when I'm due for her again! Any insight is greatly appreciated!
|

replied April 21st, 2009
Negative pregnancy test missed a period
Hi i have just been reading some of your post and any info would be great.
I have had two chn both boys and the preganncy's went like a text book. Last yr i had a miscarriage and we have just started trying again. Last month my period was on time but had brown mixed in with the red blood and now my period is missing this month.
I have done to pregancy tests, negative result, i have sore breasts, occasional cramps (like period cramps) and a sore back, not to mention tired. Most of my cervical mucus toward the due date of my period was thick and white. Any ideas would help. I am booked in a blood test on thursday. thanks
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
I'm having the same thing now...did you ever find out what it was?
|

replied May 2nd, 2011
Hi!
I have a question if anyone can answer...
I just recently had a miscarriage in the first week of April when i was on spring break. I have been having unprotected sex in hoping i would conceive. i took a test today ( not knowing when my period is going to start) and it was negative, but my breasts have been feeling heavy and in extreme pain for a week now and i am beginning to see blue veins. This is what happened before my first miscarriage..what explains the negative test!?
|

replied May 15th, 2011
Period is 2 months late, but negative pregnancy test
Hello, I have been reading this and i need answers..I'm 19 and i have had a child before (don't judge please)and my last period was on march 28th..it's almost 2 months late and i have very sore breasts and pregnancy symptoms..i went to the doctor about..2 weeks ago or so for a test and it came back negative..Does anyone know what it is or what i should do?
|

replied February 2nd, 2013
Just keep getting tests fortnightly if symptoms persist. Also start protecting yourself! At 19 I'm sure you can't afford any more kids which makes it very unfair on the kid. Don't be selfish
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Confused
Hello, I have been reading lots of posts all over the place, I am 21 years old and only been TTC for the past month or so. The last week, I just feel pregnant. I have been getting lower abdomen aches, really sore breasts and nipples and getting nausea's at odd times. I just took a test and I think there was a really faint 2nd line there. Should I wait a week and test again??
|

replied February 8th, 2012
Why do I feel like this is it all in my head?
I'm a mother of 2 a boy n a grl. When I was preg with them everything was normal with my son I found out I was twins and first found out I was preg wit him at 5 months but when I went to the dr I had an ultrasound and I was having one with my daughter I found out I was preg at 3 months. But now idk how to feel my bf has a feeling I'm preg and I do too I just don't want to admit it I've missed my period I've had some spotting for like ten days and and this month Missed my period I have sore nipples cramping back hurting I eat more than usual I've token preg tests but they have come out negative. This is something new to me I don't feel like myself and I have noticed my kids acting way too different with me. What does all this mean? Is it in my head? I've even had some dizziness especially when I shower I feel like I'm going to faint. I have weird cravings as well what does this mean?
|

replied July 25th, 2012
Well this is all happening to me now only just last month did i have a misscariage and now i am getting sore breasts again and i never knew I was pregnant last month until I had the misscariage, and now i think i am pregnant again cause of the sore breasts but also missed period, im taking another pregnancy test in 2 weeks time.If that is negative i am going to get a blood pregnancy test just to make sure.
|

replied September 6th, 2012
Hey I'm 19 years old I just had sex with my partner on august 29 2012 I was supposed to get my period on the ends of August and I been getting a lot of cramps and my breast hurt is it to soon to do a pregnancy test I need help someone elhelp me out
|

replied February 2nd, 2013
Am I pregnant??
Wonder if anyone can help...I've been on and off the pill for years and not gotten pregnant before. I found out I have under active thyroids so just been taking meds everyday for that aswell as the pill, missed like 2-3 weeks of the pill however so had a morning after pill... The past couple days my boobs have been super heavy and almost feel bruised, bloated too on the stomach...took a test and negative...can it be something else besides pregnancy or am I pregnant??
|

replied April 24th, 2013
Hi im 20 got a 3 year old boy from ex I have been with my bf for 3 years,(not my son dad) we r happy getting married next year I have the Symptons of being pregnant, feeling sick, sore boobs, sore head, and so on, had a very light period last month for 5-6 days not my usally but took preg test twice both neg, I got 1 week togo til my period, when I was preg with my son I found out 2 week after, so it was a long preg could I be preg need help
|

replied June 25th, 2013
negative result
Hi I took a pregnancy test it came out negative, problem is my periods are very irregular so I can not rely on my period to test. I have very tender breasts and I get cramps every once in a while. I have never been pregnant so I wouldn't know anything about it. What should I do ?
|

replied July 16th, 2013
do u think this means im pregnant
I have tender breast.I'm 7 days late of my period and white clear stuff comes out my vagina. Do you think I'm pregnant
|

replied August 13th, 2013
ok so i have always had irregular periods, i just got off birth control in july. well i have been having stomach cramps bad and sore breasts. but have not had my period. Its been going on for about a week and a half. i took at HPT and it came back negative.. I have been really moody,and i have chills from time to time. could i be pregnant?
|

replied September 5th, 2013
@darkblacksky08 I am in the same boat. Same exact symptoms I'm due for my annual exam and going on Monday. I will be requesting a blood test.
|

replied September 10th, 2013
Wondering if anyone can help me I came on my period early last month no pains very good period (weird) .. Now I'm late got sore boobs back ache ect took a test it came up a very faint line positive but the thing is since my last period I haven't had sex could I be pregnant? I'm so confused!!! Sad
|

replied October 11th, 2013
On depo and feel pregnant
Hello. I have been on depo shot for about a year. Lately I have been feeling VERY tired through out the day. Even falling asleep sitting. This is not like me. Along with this, I have very tender and swollen breasts. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both have came out negative. Any thoughts?
|
12 >>