Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Cardiac Catheterization

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
How soon after cardiac catheterization can I return to work. I'm a general dentist in private practice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2004
Return to Work After Cardiac Catherization
I had a angioplasty procedure, with 3 stents placed, 3 years ago. My instructions were to not do any heavy lifting or heavy exercise for 4-5 days after the procedure. It is my understanding that the reason for this does not have anything to do with my heart, but rather to insure that the catheter insert area in my legs femural artery would heal correctly.

Art
|

replied August 19th, 2004
Heart Catherization
I had this done,and I felt really sore,and tired the next few days,so I stay out for one day afterward. The doc said no heavy lifting over 5 pounds for a week afterward. :d
|

replied December 1st, 2004
My Mother In Law
Had a stent put in & was up & about the next day in the hospital & she is 82 years old. Its amazing how far technology has come. My dad died of a massive heart attack 15 years ago. I wish they had all the new stuff out now back then because I do believe my dad would of lived. He was only 69 when he died. Good luck to anyone going through this. My mother in law did so good during this procedure & was talking to the doctors the whole time while it was being done.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska