Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Pulling in stomach early symptom ? (Page 1)

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Hey ladies I was wondering if anyone could help me. My boyfriend and I are trying for our second child and our first one just turned one this last December. Well I just stopped breastfeeding just after his birthday and received my first period in almost two years on January 9 (cycle day 1) according to fertility friend, as I have been charting, I ovulated on cycle day 14 but SO and I haven't been able to baby dance, because we have both been sick, since the day before the "fertile time frame." Well this just started yesterday but now I have a pulling sensation in my lower abdomen. I remember feeling this with Damien but it wasn't till much later. Do you think that it's possible that it could be an early symptom of pregnancy? I know I'm only 5 days past ovulation but way early symptoms are normal for me. I had symptoms with Damien just days after getting pregnant. They were just being more hungry to the point I would have to eat full meals every 5 minutes, greasy hair (I know sounds weird but it started soon after getting pregnant), nausea, and feeling like I have to pee allot.

Right now I do find myself going to the bathroom more but other then that all that's really different is the pulling sensation in my stomach.

Now it has been two years since I last had a menstrual cycle and it only took me a month to get pregnant off birth control at that time so I have no idea if this is normal for periods without birth control or not. I've been on birth control since I was 16 to help with a heavy cycle.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Galaxy
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I am not sure about the pulling. But I wanted to tell you good luck in ttc #2!!
|

User Profile
thank you very much. Smile
|

Extremely eHealthy
I dont have a clue if that would be a pregnancy symptoms or not, but I sure hope it is. I have been having some weird pinching feeling for the past couple days. It feels like it is pinching or pulling almost like cramps, but Im only 8dpo and it has been hapening for 4 days.

When is af due? I Oed later than normal this month so I am not due to start until this Saturday
|

Experienced User
I am 36 weeks pregnant and I don't remember a pulling feeling in my stomach but I do remember that when I laid on my stomach it would bother me to the point where I would want to lay differently and that was in the early stage of my pregnancy like 8 weeks.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I definitely had the pulling sensation in very early pregnancy and also the sudden greasy hair and even a couple of spots! All this was before I took the test at 5 weeks. At 6 weeks I had begun feeling sick at tea, coffee, perfume,alcohol etc and by 7 weeks I started with the projectile vomiting!

I never found out what the pulling was but I knew from that alone that I was pregnant!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well that sounds promising...thanks shonster. Maybe this will be our month Proudmama
|

User Profile
Supporter
Oh yeah, and I got pregnant two weeks after coming off the pill, according to dates! They told me at the hospital that you can have a sort of rebound effect ie become more fertile than usual in the days immediately following the cessation of the pill.

Good luck and let us know asap!
|

User Profile
Yeah the same happened to me with my son. within two weeks of coming of the birth control patch I was pregnant with weird symptoms that I couldn't explain and got really excited.

AF is due in about 8 days I think, just got finished breastfeeding and this is my first full cycle, but I'm known for way early symptoms. With Damien I felt symptoms within a day or two of conceiving but couldn't get a positive pregnancy test until 12 days late. Even at one week late my blood test was 11.
|

replied January 29th, 2008
Experienced User
Seems like I remember the pulling feeling. Of course we had been trying for a while and I was looking for anything to be a symptom Smile I would say to treat it like maybe you are and try and relax and maybe this is it!!!!!!! Good luck to you. Baby Dust!!
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2008
I don't know if it is from that...I've never had a full cycle off birth control so I don't know if it's normal or early pregnancy sign
|

replied March 16th, 2010
Pains
I am also having this pulling sensation in my lower stomach. Not only is it pulling but It feels like I would have to use the bathroom, but I know I do not. This has been happening to me for about 5 days now and I'm due for AF in 4 days. Sometimes, it gets really painful like AF cramps, to the point where I want to hurl over. it is on and off but pretty consistent throughout the day even if it is very mild. Could this be early pregnancy? This early?
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Hi Everyone. i was wondering if you could help me. i had a miscarriage about three weeks ago and once the bleeding stopped five days later, my husband and i have been having unprotected sex until 9 April 2010 (He left the country for work). I am having a pulling sensation in the bottom of my stomach and i am feeling very strange. I went for a blood test and it came back negative but they said that it might be to soon to check. I dont want to be hopeful as it is proberly very unlikely that i am pregnant but has anyone else had these feelings and i dont know what to do. If anyone could help me that would be great x
|

replied July 21st, 2010
help
i am almost 6 weeks since i bleed last was a blighted ovum miscarriage. then started bleeding the july 16 - 19th but have felt sort of off since i started bleeding. and have that same pulling many of you are talking about i believe i don't know what to do. i also had a miscarriage last august made it to 7 weeks and remember some pulling then too.. i want to be pregnant but don't want to go to the doctor if she is going to tell me i am not..
|

replied July 21st, 2010
I dont want to be hopeful as it is proberly very unlikely that i am pregnant but has anyone else had these feelings and i dont know what to do. If anyone could help me that would be great

i know exactly what you are talking about sucks to get excited and then nothing or miscarry
|

replied July 27th, 2010
has anyone with the pulling sensation found out if they are pregnant?
I just stopped the pill one week ago and was due for my last period ... which hasn't arrived. I have had the pulling sensation and also the cramping which I just put down to my period being due and later then normal.
I'd like to know your outcome.

Thanks
|

replied August 19th, 2010
Hi. I found out I was pregnant last week, so I am 5 weeks tomorrow. I have been having pulling sensations every now and again (in fact I am having them as I type). I've searched about this on the net and found this:
"Mild cramps, achiness or a pulling sensation on one or both sides of the abdomen. This is normal unless it is accompanied with bleeding or if cramps are severe or constant".
I'm due to see the midwife in a weeks time so will let you know what she says, but I'm not worrying about it. There are lots of changes happening in there so no wonder we can feel it.
I hope this helps.
|
Users who thank Challo for this post: storm2010 

replied August 27th, 2010
I went to the doctors on Thursday and found out I was anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks pregnant. So I presume that is one of the earlier systoms when you are pregnant. The other systems I have had include:
Cramping (feeling like I am getting my period)
Sore nipples
Needing to go to the toilet alot
and being tired

Most of those symptoms are similar to when you are getting your period.

Hope this helps anyone else. I am due to get a scan in the coming weeks which is very exciting
|

replied October 9th, 2010
Pregnant yes? maybe? no?
I have been having this same pulling sensation in my lower stomach and in my sides as you ladies are mentioning. I've also been having pain all in my back. I am 7 days late on my period. I took a test last week and it was negative. I think I tested too early. In the mornings, I am also very tired even though I have slept all night. It also feels like flutters in my stomach or bubbles and feel gassy at times. I noticed this morning my breasts felt like tingling senstations but not bad. I have 2 kids now but I heard every pregancy is different. I mainly get nauseated at night not mornings or if I dont eat. Earlier I ate to honey buns and was still hungry. I figure if I am preggers, im maybe 3 weeks and a few days. Oh yeah and ive been having headaches that I dont normally have and my feet are swelled already. I thought the swelling dont start until later on. My temp was elevated last week to 99.3 I need to take it again to see what it is this week. I heard that if your temp is a little higer than normal that is a sign. I just keep cramping alot but nothing thinking my period is coming. I guess I will weigh it out and see. My husband is stationed in South Korea and I want to join him soon but dont know if I am should I fly that long of a distance is it safe? I need to find something out soon. Good luck to you ladies! Razz
|

replied November 29th, 2010
I am also having a pulling sensation in my stomach but only when I move forwards?? Is this a pregnanacy sign?
|
12 >>