Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

embarassing physical exam

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i had my first full physical last friday and i wanted to know if it was normal to get aroused during the exam. even though there was an nurse in the room it was the first time i was naked in front of another man. it was also the first time i was touched in those places too. i was nervous and embarrassed but felt very weird at the same time. is that a normal thing to happen?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Completely normal, I'd say. Those are physiological responses to stimulus; it's what your body is supposed to do.
|

i didnt have a full vaginal exam but it was enough to where i had an orgasm. i hope thats normal. i was so embarrassed when that happened.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I think this is a wind-up, right? Most people are too tense during this type of examination to have the experience you describe! Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
No way, that's totally normal. I have heard of many women who've been turned on during a physical exam and even during the vaginal to the point where they did indeed orgasm!! Being touched feels good, even if it's not meant to.

My difficulty during those exams? It's not being too turned on, but it's when they press on my lower stomach... I'm SO ticklish it's almost impossible not to twitch!!
|

it happened when he opened my labia. he was checking other parts down there before that and i tried to hold it in for as long as i could, but it happened anyway. i more embarrassed about it being really obvious than over having it at all. i mean it was hard not to notice. i squirted a bit and after that some oozed out. it was hard not to notice that Embarassed
|

Especially eHealthy
He's a gyno; he's probably seen dozens of gals orgasm. It's no biggie to him!
|

User Profile
Supporter
ASK EIRI
She knows her stuff! Hey grilfriend, I get ticklish during hthe pressing of the lower
stomach too. I bust out laughing unti lthe Dr. has to stop and then start laughing too......This was YESTERDAY! So glad to know I'm not the only one! Congrats on school again sweetie!
|

replied July 1st, 2009
Well that's totally normal. Your body is reacting to the touch, it doesn't matter if it was a male or a female. I'm bisexual and when I got my physical I felt the same thing, and the Dr. was hideous.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
when i laid on the table i just pulled my underwear down to my feet ,so the male doctor before the exam started by checking the discharge on my underwear and i got aroused by him looking at my wet underwear. when the doctor opened my labia and checked other parts down there i felt so exposed. i enjoy getting a pelvic exam, the doctor looked embarrassed ,i was very wet cause i could feel the coldness of the juice all over my vulva so it would be really obvious that i was highly aroused by the examination
|

replied April 3rd, 2010
First pelvic
I am glad I found this site. I recently had my first full pelvic exam as part of a preemployment medical.When the doctor opened my labia I felt a tugging sensation on my clitoris and when he retracted the hood I felt air on my clitoris. There was a feeling of arousal and it has stress me ever since and I have been in tears. The pap smear was just painful and I also bled a little after cause of my hymen but he said that is quite normal. when he inserted fingers in me there was the same tugging sensations but not so intense as before. This has depress me as I am soon to be married.
|

replied August 18th, 2013
sexual respnse
is it normal for me to get aroused when a femal doctor is checking my heart around my breast i was aroused because she was checking me on the chair usually i don't get aroused but i got aroused because se was checking me on the chair
|

replied June 1st, 2014
aroused Pap Smear
I've been aroused during my first pap smear. I know that I was definitely wet even though there was a lady standing in the corner watching over my doctor(male). Not for arousal sake I wished she wasn't there. She made me feel more uncomfortable standing in the corner than he in my vagina.
|
Quick Reply