Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Does Anyone Know...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
If it is all right to get novacaine while pregnant? I have some cavities that I have had since before I got pregnant and was wondering if it was ok to have them filled while i'm pregnant. Wasn't sure if novacaine would effect the baby. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 29th, 2004
Novacain
I'm sure the dentist will know, however be very careful of xrays at the dentist. There was an article today in usa today about the effects of the thyroid gland and x-rays during pregnancy. The study was very conclusive that women who had dental xrays while pregnant gave birth to low-birth weight babies and there were other complications as well. It had something to do with the xray affecting the thyroid gland, which affects the fetus. If you want to read more about this go to usa today's website and look under headlines on april 29th. Other than that, your dentist should have all the answers, if not call your ob-gyn
|

replied April 29th, 2004
Thanks! Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur