Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

air release from vagina

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I queef [ air releasing after getting caught in the vagina] a lot either during or after sex.

is there anyway to prevent it??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lats
|

replied January 26th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
i think for the most part its pretty normal
i do it too sometimes
|

replied January 26th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't think there's anyway to prevent it, it's pretty normal. I do it sometimes, I'm always soooo embarressed but honestly I don't think hubby even notices....if he does, then he doesn't care.
|

replied February 5th, 2008
Yeah I get that its normal and how it happens.
but its just OHsoooooo embarrassing.
:/
|

replied February 6th, 2008
I have that problem when my husband and I have sex "doggy style". It used to be pretty embarrasing! My best advice, is to try and make sure while your parteners penis is inserted that it doesn't come out to far and force air back into your vaginia. If the two of you are close and you feel comfortable talking to him about it, then ask him to try not to pull out too far before thrusting back in... that's what I asked my husband to do....and now I hardly have that problem anymore! Good luck!

Teresa<3
|

replied February 7th, 2008
It happens. Talk to your partner about it, just like Teresann86 recommended. It'll make things way easier for you, and you will be much less embarrassed.

My boyfriend and I, when it happened, were laughing so hard we couldn't even keep going. It was the first time I ever experienced it, so I thought it was strange as heck. Haha. There are some things Hollywood left out about the whole sex experience -sometimes your body is weird. You just got to have fun with it.
|

replied February 8th, 2008
Experienced User
happens all the time but for some reason its never really been embarrassing for me lol, just sometimes i like to point out that it was just a queef and not a fart....... all it is is air getting trapped and forced out, its only embarassing im guessing coz it sounds like a fart so as long as your partner realises that its something you have no control over and its really his penis thats causing it then there should be no embarassment!
|

replied April 6th, 2010
i have experienced it too, that''s why i opened this website to find out if it''s normal or not. i guess there''s nothing to worry about after my research. i agree that i felt so embarrassed but it was like my boyfriend i and were laughing the whole time when that happened.. lol
|
Quick Reply