Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

itchy vagina with discharge (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I have a itchy vagina that started yesterday, and it haves a milky white discharge well I do not have the discharge today and it is not itching as much. I purchase that vagisil home test kit for vaginal infection and the first test said 6.5ph and the second one says 4.5ph which is near normal and they said if it's 4.5 there is no need to consult a doctor. I consulted my doctor and they did a vaginal infection test and it was clear and they also did a STD test and now I have to wait for them results until next week. But if I have a itchy vagina and my vagina test came back clear that must mean that it's a STD doesn't it.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper GettinBetter
|

replied January 25th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
It could mean that. What did your doctor say about it? Did he prescribe you something help with the itching? Did he rule out yeast infection?
|

replied April 18th, 2012
itchy vaginal discharge HELP
i recently stoped taking Loestrine24Fe and im doing some research on differant birth controll methods but till then im going throughthe same!! ugh i hate it and im worried that it might be an erly signe of.. -_- pregnancy! im expiriencing itching if my cuca like 5 days ago it started but the first day was the worst and i also have a thick/creamy greenish i think? not too sure what coler label to put on that but its sticky and stringy yet wet?... PLEASE SUM1 HELP idk if its from the Loestrine or just an yeast infection and plus my period is supposed to be on the 26 and its already the 18 and im getting lite cramps and back pain and idk if im just used to getting it every couple of days from L24 but i cant wait till i start bleeding! tmi?... really!!! PLEASE ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS AND LET ME KNOW IF ITS NORMAL!!!
|

Especially eHealthy
Sounds like a yeast infection! Why didn't your gyno test for that? You need to ask them to test for that, because according to the store bought test, you have it.
|

Itchy Vagina
Well they look into my vagina and said that everything looks ok and they did that little vagina infection test which they could find the results there self and it was clear I do get yeast infections sometimes and uti infections form holding my urine alot. But I guess that's not it since that test came back cleared the discharge that I am having I think that it's normal but I would of felt better if they said it's a yeast infection or something minor but they said it's clear which leaves me with the STD thought because it haves to be something if my vagina is itching.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It might just be irritation if it is itchy. Have you been sweating or doing vigerous activity or wearing tight clothes? Until you get your results back, you should get a vagisil cream to ease the itchiness.

Have you been having unprotected sex to lead you to think it may be an std?

It is possible if you have, but I would not freak yourself out over it quite yet. Take it easy until you get the results. The at home screening test you bought says you have a yeast infection, so it is quite possible it is just that. You should check to get a second opinion on the yeast infection if your test results come back clear for stds and you are still itching.
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
I used Vagisil cream to relieve itching, & ,it burned the hell out of me. My itching was bearable before i applied Vagisil. Can someone tell me if it is suppose to burn on contact?
|

replied January 26th, 2008
Itchy Vagina
It's not really itching anymore it was jus itching that 1 day and yes I have been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 1 year. I always go to the doctors to get blood tests and std tests all the time but I just read on that vagsil instruction sheet that you are not suppose to test your self until 72hrs after sex and I had test myself like a hour after I had sex.
|

replied January 30th, 2008
TEST CAME BACK. AND I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.
Ok my test came back negative and I have another question can you catch a disease from wiping urine off a toilet seat when you go to use it because when I am over friends house he haves alot of brothers and you know how boys are we they urinate but anyways when I go to use it I always have to wipe it up. So could you catch anything from wiping a toilet seat.
|

replied January 30th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Unlikely. You could get something if you DON'T wipe the seat, but if you wipe with a clean piece of toilet paper and avoid touching the urine you shouldn't catch anything. And always wash your hands lol.
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
ok
i think you need to wash your vagina with the right feminine wash thats all and try to shave a little bit of hair around it ok!!tnx
|

replied February 2nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Re: ok
khit wrote:
i think you need to wash your vagina with the right feminine wash thats all and try to shave a little bit of hair around it ok!!tnx

You are suggesting a douche, and that is a very bad idea. Douching is very unhealthy for the vagina. It can shove harmful bacteria deep inside, and it upsets the natural balance of good bacteria, yeast, etc. Women who douche get way more vaginal infections than those who don't.
|

replied September 22nd, 2012
I took that comment to suggest using Vaginal washes....like Summer Eve...that's not the same as douching.
|

replied September 9th, 2008
There are Vaginal wipes...specially made for the outside of your lady parts. Waxing is also a better way to rid yourself of excess pubic hair, A nice clean trim and wax should get rid of those irritants.

Shaving is sooooo 1970's and can cause you unnescesary irritation, and can leave you with a razor burn and bumps. Not to mention that you will have extremely uncomfortable stubble in a couple of days, which will be ten times more irritating.

Just remember wipe from the front to the back we don't want any nasty feces getting into your ladyness and giving you an infection.

As for the itchyness and discharge....you'll just have to wait for the doctors analysis, and I'm not going to tell you not to worry. Cause girl...I'd be going crazy with worry!! Cause right now I'm going through almost the same thing?
|

replied October 6th, 2009
Question. I've been sexually active with my boyfriend (A) for 8 months. Sometimes we use protection. For the first 4 months everything went good, no diseases. Then he and I broke up and I became intimate with another guy (B) who I didnt use protection with. I found later that I had a yeast infection and chlamydia. I broke it off with the new guy(B) because I found out that he was sexual with other women and I'm sure he gave me chlymidia. So now me and my boyfriend (A) and we are intimate unprotected. He has a fishy odor coming from his penis. He takes showers. He claim its from sweating but come on how much can a guy sweat? And my ex sweated all the time (he played college basketball) and he never had that odor. Now I'm suspicious beacuse my vagina is itching and I have a white discharge with a slight odor. I pray he didnt give me chlamydia.
|

replied April 26th, 2010
RE: Collegegirl91
You had unprotected sex with your bf even after you knew you had chlamydia from the last guy? Poor guy. You probably infected him and yet you hope he didn''t give it to you? USE A FREAKING CONDOM!!!!!!!
|

replied June 22nd, 2010
itchy and white discharge
hi, i have a similar situation, i have a very itchy and white discharge, i have been to the gynaes for the same problem more than three times, i even tried changing gynaes, some tell me bacterial infection in the urine UTI i think and given medication for that but after less than 1 year it comes back again, last time my doc told me its just bacterial infection and subscribed me candidas cream and tabs, its hardly been 6 months now and its back again, very itchy and uncomfy, they do blood tests everytime i go to the doc, and no STDs in my tests, wat could be the problem, i dont enjoy sex with my husband at all coz its just too painful. am gettin xtremely worried now!
|

replied January 21st, 2012
I have that exact problem ! I lost my virginity to my boyfriend of 1 year and we were doing great no problems or anything but now my vagina is so itchy all the time and i have white discharge, sometimes even yellow and i can no longer have sex with my boyfriend becuz of the pain. I have ben to more than one doctor, some said it was a uti others said it was a bactireal infection then a yeast infection. My gyno perscribed metro gel which sucked cuz it just seemed like it made me have more discharge bcuz obviously gel doesnt dissolve. HELP!
|

replied May 29th, 2013
Hi i have the same thing white cloudy discharge looks like little smoke bombs when it drips out into the toilet. Very little accumulation in underwear but drips out when sitting on toilet. This discharge though sames to cause a burning?itching sensation on the inner vulva I like you have been tested for all the STDs in the book as well as BV and yeast infections all negative and as a precuationary measure they have treated me for gonerhea and chlymidia as well as yeast infections and bacterial infections.I am going on my seventh month of this BS now. I have been to numerouse doctors and recently a gyno, going back to the gyno tomorrow. I am also extremely worried. Still trying to find answers. TMI? Yeah I know but I think everyone reading this doesnt care about TMI anymore. If you figure anything out let me know because as you know this is psycologically straining as well as physically
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Vaginal itch
I think what I'm about to say will help a lot.. I have never had sex before and I have the same problem that every comment people left is saying. Except I've had mine for abou two weeks and it's horrible itching around my hole and I haven't gotten tested but if it's all clear then it doesn't mean STD. I researched that for a girl there vaginal area can get dry with leads to and uncomfortable itching sensation that will blow over you just need to wash it more than regularly with like dove soap and then u need to apply a vaginal cream specifically made for the itching dry problem. I will be seeing a doctor tomorrow and I'll let you know my result. It has me very worried. - did not match any documents.
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
Itchy Vagina also
ok. i am having an itching problem on the internal of my vagina lips on one side and it is red. it first just started to be a bump and the bump went away now it is just red and itchy. what do you think it is?
|

replied August 26th, 2010
itchy
its been a couple of days for me and my vagina is itchy mostly by the hole and lips..where one lip has gotten red and i think i itched it to much that you see slight pink meaning i think it was bleeding. ive never had sex or anything like that..im npt sure if i used the wrong soap, because i use any soap and like it leaves a white discharge on my underwear which is really gross...but its clear then then turns white...so im not sure what it is and i havent been to the doctor cause i get embrassed. any other simple ways to get rid of it..it mostly bothers me when im at home doing nothing but when i go out say as driving, walking to the mall..i never feel it...only when i stand to long or if i sit. HELPPP
|

replied September 23rd, 2010
yeah i have the same thing! i think we need answers ladies.. i was thinking it was a new std? ..hope not. but girls who hadnt had sex before are having same problems.. i honestly think it's a bacterial infection... especially if your doctor has you on anti-biotics its the most main side effect, along with yeast infections.
|

replied October 13th, 2010
okay hmm i think i can help i had sex with my boyfriend 4 times in two day and after tht i started discharging and itching but before i had sex with him it was happening sometimes i think its jus inffection
|

replied February 27th, 2011
so im having the same problem . my vagina around the lips are very irritated and i have milky white discharge . but i was wondering if this can be a sign of being pregnant . any answers ?
|
Quick Reply