Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

missed period after medication

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I broke my arm 3 days before my period was supposed to start. Because of that I've been on a lot of medication - I was on vicodin for a little bit and now I'm taking a lot of ibuprofin. My period is off by a little over a week. I heard that sickness can make you miss a period, but is a broken bone included in that? I also heard that taking a lot of medication can also make you miss your period, but does that include advil? I highly doubt that I am pregnant, I've never had sex but have only "fooled around" with my boyfriend, about a month ago.
Please help I'm very concerned!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If you haven't had sex, I wouldn't be concerned. If you are still young, its probably because of that. Periods can be totally out of whack when you are younger. Same with if you are really athletic. Are you stressed? It could be from that. I definitely wouldn't worry about pregnancy. Your period will come.
|

Yeah I'm 18 but I've never had a problem with my period like this before, is it probably the broken bone and medication?
|

Especially eHealthy
If you've never had sex it is impossible for you to be pregnant. Sometimes periods are just weird...
|

replied April 4th, 2010
HEY yeah. i have a broken collarbone right now. i broke it a week before i was suppposed to get it and three weeks later i still havent gotten it. im pretty sure that it is from the bones. a period will stop or be put on hold if the body thinks that it cannot sustain another life inside. it is a hormonal imbalance and your body is using all of its "power" to work on fixing your bone. when your bones are back to normal the body will begin your cycle again. i just know this from fact i am not a doctor or anything but i am going to be studying it in the near future. the body is a very complicated thing and in my opinion, it has stopped the cycle because it felt it was uneccassary. hope this helpss =]]]]]]]]
|