Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I HATE...

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
bills!

I just got our bill for Dante's visit from when we were in the hospital and the 3/4 times we seen the doctor so far.

$1,071 Shocked

I'm glad it's not more but it still bites to have to pay it. Good thing we'll be getting our tax refunds back soon.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
hospital bills are outrageous!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You don't have insurance?
|

Especially eHealthy
Oh man!!

the hospital charges you for EVERY LITTLE THING!! LIke 5 dollars for a bandaid!!

Sarah
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Hollyberries wrote:

I'm covered under my father's insurance, but Dante's not covered under it. And Thomas was JUST elible for insurance on the 15th, so that doesn't kick in until Feb 1st. And our household income is too much to apply for Medicaid.
|

Especially eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
Oh man!!

the hospital charges you for EVERY LITTLE THING!! LIke 5 dollars for a bandaid!!

Sarah

16 bucks for a tylonol pill!!!!!!!!!!! Mad
|

Especially eHealthy
fairytale007 wrote:
Hollyberries wrote:

I'm covered under my father's insurance, but Dante's not covered under it. And Thomas was JUST elible for insurance on the 15th, so that doesn't kick in until Feb 1st. And our household income is too much to apply for Medicaid.

Did you try?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Ingi wrote:
fairytale007 wrote:
Hollyberries wrote:

Did you try?

For Medicaid? No because my stepfather said that he can't even get his kids on it because he makes too much. We're trying to talk Thomas's parents into letting us use their address since Thomas still is using that address, but she keeps saying no.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Our family makes 60k a year, and i got on it.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
some states have a insurance for kids, i wa sgona put joseph on kidcare in fla, they would go back 3 mths but i applied for it but then i never heard back. we had to pay about eh under1,000 for him in total. some of it was based on income wth appts at the health department etc for his checkups and shots. i woul dlook into stuff for him to see and see id they go back 3 mth sor something
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
tinkinpink84 wrote:
some states have a insurance for kids, i wa sgona put joseph on kidcare in fla, they would go back 3 mths but i applied for it but then i never heard back. we had to pay about eh under1,000 for him in total. some of it was based on income wth appts at the health department etc for his checkups and shots. i woul dlook into stuff for him to see and see id they go back 3 mth sor something

Yea, we have Colorado Health Care for Children and it'll pay anything for 3 months back. I'm going to talk to my parents and get their information to apply since we don't live on our own yet.
|

Especially eHealthy
fairytale007 wrote:
tinkinpink84 wrote:

Yea, we have Colorado Health Care for Children and it'll pay anything for 3 months back. I'm going to talk to my parents and get their information to apply since we don't live on our own yet.

At least try to get some medicaid or this. YOU are the parent now. Not your parents. Your income is a lot less (obviously). Your son should be covered.

Also, talk with the hospital about it. Their billing department can help you out. I'm amazed someone hasn't led you in the direction of healthcare from there or your doctor's office anyway. That is just silly.

Apply for these programs even though you live with your parents. You'll be amazed. Chances are you will also qualify for welfare.
|
Tags: Pregnancy, bites
Quick Reply