Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

Sex two weeks after delivery

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I started taking birth control pills three days after having a baby, and I had sex two weeks after having the baby. is it possible that I could be pregnant because I didn't wait until after my period to start aking the pill?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I don't know if the doctor went over this with you or not, but they are supposed to. Pill or no pill.... No doctor will ok you for sex until at least 4 weeks after you've given birth, and more 6 weeks after. There is too much risk of infection to have sex early on and you need to have time to heal.

It is possible to become pregnant this early too because your hormone levels are still very high. It is very dangerous to do this. You will also not be able to test and find out because you will get a positive reading on an HPT whether you are pregnant or not.
|
Did you find this post helpful?