Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

19 days smoke free and I thought I could never quit!!!!!!

Ok I know its too early to celebrate, but I have not smoked for 19 days now and I feel geat. I was a smoker for 8 years and couldnt imagine a day without smoking. My expeiernce has lead me to believe that honestly its not that hard. Forget all the drugs and ways to help you quit. All it takes is will power. Just stop!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2008
Supporter
Congratulations!
YES it is hard................but its more mind over matter, and it matters to you! YOu have taken control and I am so very PROUD of you! Keep it up and keep me posted! I'm here in back cheering you on!
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2008
Experienced User
wow...
you quit smoking....
that must been hard..but I'm oh so PROUD of you.....
well how did you do it????..
I have a boyfriend that smokes..he wants to quit but he says that it's hard..
maybe you can give me some advice?
|

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2008
Advanced Support Team
How many days now?

replied January 28th, 2008
Good for you!!! I just posted on another forum for tips to quit smoking... Hopefully I'll be able to say I'm smoke free soon, too...Congrats!!!
|

replied September 26th, 2010
Hang in there, this may help
on my 19th day here. Best way was to realize after the first day, that first cigarrette you crave is an energy sucking oxygen stealing cigarrette. After "quitting" before, I know that first cigarrette isn't the feeling my craving is looking for. That would take several, and who wants several.
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2010
Experienced User
Congrats.
my mom cant give 'em up after 20 years , im still working on her to give up.
|

replied February 28th, 2012
Hey all you smokers out there.

My name is Josh and I have taken the time out of my day to share something that I feel is necessary in order for you all to finally kick the habit as I did. After trying patches, chewing gum, hypnotherapy and cold turkey I was recommended a quit smoking book by a friend of my mums who claims it had turned her right of the smokes and she hasn't touched them since. At first i was skeptical as there are many rubbish quit smoking books out there with one aim ( to make money), however, as i continued to grow desperate to finally give them up i decided it couldn't hurt to give it a go, so I did. I bought this quit smoking book on the 17th of January, finished reading it on the 19th along with my last cigarette and i haven't picked up another death stick in 41 DAYS!!!!

I feel it is my duty to at least share my success story with the rest of you, it may not work for you as quickly and efficiently as it did for me, but hey, anything is worth a shot if it could potentially save your life.

The website is thethirdelement.net and I urge all you smokers out there to give yourself a second chance at life as I did. Take control of your life. . . . .

Regards

Josh T
|
Quick Reply