Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

eye sight loss and severe headache

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
My brother has been having eye sight loss and sever headaches problems for about a year he has had 2 episodes of this so for each of them lasting for a period of 5-7 days. Following the first episode we visited the doctor but all we were told was it might be the sign of mild concussion. Since the first episode has passed my brother has stopped playing football for past 2 years and just about a weak ago he had the same pain but he described it as being more intense this time . He said this time he would have to wait about 30 sec for his vision to come back to him and following that it would be a severe pain right down the center of the brain and would progress inward. we did receive an appointment for 14 feb but if anyone has any suggestions on what it could be or what it is could you please post reply. Also my brother is 17 year old, weighs about 180lb and his height is 6'0 inches.

-Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2008
Experienced User
Its important that your brother goes to the medical appointment on the 14th.

Some individuals that suffer from migraines suffer a degree of vision loss.

Unfortunately vision loss can also be a product of an abnormal mass in the brain pressing against the vital sight related structures.

If he was a relative of mine I would be pushing hard for an MRI.

Mike
|

replied October 8th, 2009
Same problem
hey please, send to me a email. I need talk with you.I think that my mother has the same problem.
|

replied July 29th, 2010
My mom has a headache that has been really bad for about three months and she has been loosing her vision in both eyes off and on. She went to the dr and they did an MRI and she went to the eye dr and they checked everything. We were told to go to the ER and we did and she spent two days in the hospital and they still can not tell us what it is. They have already ruled out a stroke, MS and Lime of the brain and shingles of the brain. please msgl me if anyone has any idea or if anyone has anything similar. thanks,
|

replied December 26th, 2011
Severe Headache+eye loss
hello, my uncle is having he same problem, please let me know if you have a cure for this problem??
|

replied August 20th, 2010
vision
Have the drs check for an anurism (a stroke in the brain), I think that's how you spell it, my uncle had bad headaches with a vision loss on the left eye more than on the right one, he too went to the drs and hospital and had mri done with no aveil, he was even sent to have his eyes checked with the optomitrist dr. and had laser surgery, but it wasn't that, he would see like blood running in his eye, well about a month later he collapsed and it was an anurism. Was in comma for three months and then came out with some brain damage but he is able to walk and remember all of us. Have your mom go and ask if it might be it, it doesn't hurt to ask and check. My uncle was told he had had a minor brain stroke which had healed some time before the major brain stroke.
|

replied August 11th, 2011
My parnter has been having headaches so bad that she loses her vision, They last for about 3 to 4 days at a time and her mother has had brainsurgery in the past to correct a pressure problem, She refuses to go to the doctors about it what can i do and what should i do
|