Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Vitamins burn my stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I've been reading the posts about synthetic and natural vitamins and I don't understand the difference or know how to find out (I'll just ask - Centrum A-Z is synthetic, right?)

I had to stop taking Centrum. I took it for over a year and then about 5 months ago it started burning my stomach about 10 minutes after I took it. It didn't matter if I took it with or without food. What's weird is it started happening some time after I'd been taking it.

I've stopped taking a vitamin entirely and I am noticing a lot of problems with my body since having stopped.

What vitamin should I try... that won't burn my stomach? TIA
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Try taking a whole food vitamin with food. Whole food vitamins won't burn your stomach because they are made from natural food sources....they didn't even make me sick when I was pregnant! I take "Alive".
|
Did you find this post helpful?