Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Rash on neck when shaving

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Hi I get a pretty bad rash on my neck when I shave it. I use an electric shaver for my face which is fine but if I use it on my neck it will tear it up and make it sore. I have tried just doing a dry shave with a normal bic two bladed razer and also a wet shave but no luck. I recently have been using nivia for me shaving foam just for my neck when I shave it and also nivia for me after shave on my neck but no look. I even just try and do an half assed job of shaving my neck to prevent worser rashes as the longer I seem to spend getting all the hair off the worse of a rash I get.

Any tips
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
It depends a lot on the shaver. I use Norelco, I heard Panasonic is pretty good too. There is a small possibility you might be allergic to certain metals.
|

User Profile
replied January 24th, 2008
Experienced User
That used to happen to me as well, my body just built up a resistance against it and now it's ok. If you are using a regular bladed shaver then I suggest the following. Run warm-hot water on your face to open the pores so the hair will cut easier, lather on the shaving creme well, move the blade slowly as you shave, and make sure to put on aftershave afterwards.

Also I've found that shavers with more blades cause less irritation.
|

replied January 24th, 2008
Experienced User
I shave when I get straight out of a hot shower. The razor (I use Wilkinson Sword Quattro) just glides off the neck and never cuts. The key to a clean shave is preparing the skin and making sure you have a decent razor. Two-blade disposables are terrible.
|
Quick Reply