Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Fever Blister on Nostril

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
Someone please help me!

I've never had a fever blister before but I have one now and it's on my NOSE. It's right on the side of my nostril and it's huge!

I thought it was a pimple at first and (stupidly) popped it. Now I have this huge red thing with red breaks in it where it burst.

What can I do? I bought Abreva but heard it's no good unless I use it right at the beginning. I have family in town and have plans to go out into the real world but all I want to do is stay inside!
I'm too worried about infection to even put makeup on it to cover it up. I look completely disgusting and everyone i DO encounter stares at it.

Should I take the rest of the blister off since it's already popped? At least then it will scab up and I can cover it up, right?

A Sad ny help you can offer is greatly appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Abreva will work now. It will help to heal it faster. A good trick is to get a blow dryer and dry it out and the maybe put some concealer over it to hide it. Be careful if you do take it off because it may scar and become infected. I would not worry what others think. I have been getting cold sores since I was a kid and no one ever cares and if they do, tough!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
I use abreva during the entire process of a fever blister, never heard it would do not good once the "thing" is there......... Use the abreva. Also, have your dentist or doctore write you a presc. for valtrex....I know, its for herpes, but it works great, if you feel the tingle of one coming on, you take the valtrex and it keeps them from popping up all over your mouth. My dentist presc. them for me. They are pricey, but lots better than facing hte wrold with a swollen mouth and cold sores! Also, this is gonna hurt....you can put alcohol on it and allow it to dry, then cover with makeup.......I told you it would hurt.....but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! Godd luck sweetie!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Cold sores are herpes. My doctor would not give me valtrax because it is technically not considered an STD due to its location, even though I can pass it to the genital area.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
Yes, herpes is a viral thing and it shocked me when my dentist suggested it! I'd gone so many years with nothing until Abreva, the embarrasment of going into public and haivng folks STARE......... irrdescent_opal, ask your dentist if they would prescribe it for you. I did not know you could pass the cold sore type herpes to your lower "garden of eden"???????? Learn something new everyday!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yep. Their is very little genetic difference from Herpes type 1 and herpes type 1 which normally affects the genitals. They are basically the same thing.

As for the valtrax, I only get outbreaks maybe once a year so I am not too worried about it, plus with abreva it is gone in like 6 days anyway
|

Thanks ladies!

As much as I hate to do it, I think I'll probably have to do the alcohol thing. Yikes.
I just have to get some makeup on it. Thanks again for your help though,
|

replied November 2nd, 2012
i usually get blisters on the inside of a nostral and it breaks out on the outside side of my nose not very big but still its wierd (doesnt spread from inside around to outside. more like from inside and appears to break out through to outside) or a blister on my lip fortunatly they arent big and so far has just been one at a time whenever i beat a sickness i have lived with this since i can remember when abreeva came around it was great no pain and heals fast im going throuugh a lip one right now its been 4 days and almost gone wont be expecting a nose one or a lip one for months now..oh and one more thing i havent had a case were i have transfered it to my gf or ex's but i am still very carefull
|

User Profile
replied November 5th, 2012
Experienced User
I almost all the time suffering from cold!!!
|

replied May 30th, 2013
I think I found a cure... seriously!
Guys, I finally know how to fix this after suffering from it for years too. At least I found something that worked for me. I would always get these "blisters" or "impetigo" or whatever you want to call it inside my nose after a cold or when I was really stressed out about something. As you know, they are awful! They hurt and they look disgusting and they last forever. I was using prescription antibiotic cream each time and it never worked. After 3 weeks or so, it would eventually just go away. I can't remember where I read it, possibly even from someone on here, but I bought Skinfix Body Repair Paste online and it seriously works. I started to get that sore/redness in my nose again 2 days ago. Saw the blister forming and grabbed this stuff that I had ready to go and after 2 days of rubbing it in every couple of hours, my sore is almost gone! Redness is gone, it doesn't hurt anymore and there is just a tiny, slightly tender bump left. Seriously... it would normally be weeks of pain and grossness before I reached this point before. I'm so glad I found a way to get rid of it! My next cold I'm going to start slathering this stuff before it even starts. Plus its supposed to be great for other skin conditions. Hopefully it's helps others out too!
|

replied May 31st, 2013
Day 3 and it's completely gone. Awesome!!
|

replied September 13th, 2013
Above post has all the hallmarks and language style of someone promoting the sale of his/her product and encouraging people here to buy it. I can 99.99% say with confidence that the story about prescription antibiotic creams not working is not just a sales tactic or promotional language but also total crap.
|

Above post has all the hallmarks and language style of someone promoting the sale of his/her product and encouraging people here to buy it. I can 99.99% say with confidence that the story about prescription antibiotic creams not working is not just a sales tactic or promotional language but also total crap.
|

Cruel assumptions
Sorry. You're wrong. Believe what you want but I do not sell this product. I didn't even hear about it until I googled my symptoms. And I never said prescription creams didn't work, I said they took three weeks and when you have big ugly pus-y blisters on your face, three weeks is not acceptable. I didn't purchase from the supplier, I don't even know where they are located. I purchased from Well.ca, who have been excellent.

I've told others about skinfix and it seems to work well for fever blisters. A friend of my daughters had impetigo for a week and a half and was on prescription creams which weren't working. Three days on skinfix and the blisters dried up and fell off. Coincidence? Maybe but I'm really thankful I tried it and it worked because impetigo is awful.

Just trying to help others because I know what it's like to have it. Please don't assume people are lying when you have no idea. There are actually people out there who do things out of kindness and not greed. Not sure what you're intentions are though.
|

replied November 16th, 2013
Denavir prescription cream. Worked best for me, and I have tried prescription Bactroban, Abbreva, and everything else in stores.
|

replied March 10th, 2014
I know this was some time ago, I get these fever sores as well, I notice during extremely stressful times they make an appearance, I found a burn cream that cools the areas on the nose soon as you feel it coming, I have a little tikl and then the nose feels as if it got a fever in the area where sore comes, pills help from Dr. But I felt this cream was a miracle..they had it in a First Aid kit at my work, cooling the area helps and this cream dose a wonderful job. Helps me..
|

replied March 10th, 2014
I know this was some time ago, I get these fever sores as well, I notice during extremely stressful times they make an appearance, I found a burn cream that cools the areas on the nose soon as you feel it coming, I have a little tikl and then the nose feels as if it got a fever in the area where sore comes, pills help from Dr. But I felt this cream was a miracle..they had it in a First Aid kit at my work, cooling the area helps and this cream dose a wonderful job. Helps me..
|