Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Foreskin won't retract when erect

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hello
I am 28 years old and have a problem with my foreskin. I can retract it when my penis is not erect, but since my foreskin is long, when I get fully erect, my foreskin still covers almost my entire penis. I try to slide it back but it is very tight. I tried using a lubricant but it did not help - I still could not retract the foreskin at all. When I try entering a toy vagina I have, I could not force an entry since the foreskin does not glide much.
My question is - should I immediately go see a urologist? I do not have a primary physician and I am so embarrassed to go to a urology clinic. But I realize it is a big issue.
So, can I directly go see a urologist? Is it common to go without any general doctor referral for such a case? Sorry for the dumb question, it is just that it is really embarassing...

Thanks
Bruce
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
It sounds like a classic case of phimosis. I have the same problem but the foreskin pretty-much sits still therefore there's no pain during penetration. I'll probably need a circumcision because of this but in your case at least you can retract it when it's flaccid. A doctor or urologist might prescribe you some steroid cream in order to let the foreskin become more flexible.
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
actually, there are many alternative solutions other than a circumcision. this can be rectified within 2 weeks. all u need to do is stretch the foreskin down over the head of the penis as far as it will go without it hurting too much. hold this for about 30 seconds and the let go. repeat this for about 5 mins. try to do this 2 to 3 times a day. after about 1 - 2 weeks your foreskin should fully retract. i had this problem and it worked for me. good luck.
|
Quick Reply