Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

pain in left side of abdomen and constipation

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello am new here.

My husband has been having pain in the left down side of hes abdomen and every time he eats the pain start hurting very bad and he try to go to the bathroom but gets really constipated and when he does go to the bathroom theres blood in hes stool with allot of mucus and sometimes even clogs of blood.Last time the pain got very bad to the point where we had to take him to the er they did blood work and check hes rectum and they said it was normal but he was screaming and crying cuz of the pain this has been happening for more than a year now and its just getting wurst hes even lost weight he has a colonoscopy where still waiting for the appointment but i dont no how much longer we could wait what can it be am really worried any suggestion or advise would be helpfull hes 31 by the way.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Does along with changed frequency of bowel movements has changed shape of the stool, too?
Is he experiencing gas and bloating?
Does he have sense of fullness?
Is he nauseous?
|

replied October 26th, 2009
Relive constipation
Have hime try amitiza it is a medicine that is used for this problem. also lactolose as well I use both daily.
|

replied November 13th, 2009
My dear blood and mucus in ones stool calls for an emergency trip to the hospital, this is na indication of a tear in the colon, that needs mending before the condition becomes highly inflammed.
|