Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

plantar fascities

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
Hello To All,

I was wondering if anyone had advise on how to treat my pain that is supposed to be plantar fascitiis. I can't even go on with my daily routines and I'm getting very frustrated with this problem. I've been doing exercises and the pain is just discomforting. I ordered a pair of heel inserts but they haven't arrived yet. Please keep me informed if anyone hears about a treatment or product that helps with this pain. I'll do the same!! One more thing, Go Giants!!!!!!!!!! but the Pats are going to win????? Laughing

Thanks,
Hogan
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 9th, 2009
Plantar fascities
I was just told that I have plantar fascities but everything I have read about it says the pain is in the heal and on the bottom of the foot. Most of my pain is on the outer top side of my foot. I have gotton inserts for my shoes but after a week the pain is still the same and now my foot is swollen. Wish that I could figure it out because I love to walk and can't do any walking.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
plantar fasciitis
Could it be a broken metatarsal bone? My plantar fasciitis lasted about 6 months. Only thing that helped was to wear clog type slippers around the house. Never let my heel touch the floor. Still always wear and no problems
|

replied April 11th, 2009
plantar fascitis excercise that worked for me like a miracle
I have had this for nearly 2 years. I found online the folowing excercise that has worked: At least 3 times a day or more and before you step from bed in the morning do the following excercise.
Take your foot across your leg and stretch your toes back to your shin for a count of ten seconds each and a total of ten times each foot. I have been to numerous doctors, done numerous excercises and have suffered in pain. I am finally 90 per cent cured. This stretches the PF and was like a miracle cure for me. Hope it works for you also.
|

replied November 2nd, 2009
I first got PF from jumping onto a hard surface from above. Took weeks to begin to ease off. I now find I was lucky. I got it again when my right knee needed TKR. The extra load on the left leg cause PF that has lasted 9 month now. My 'regular' doctor said to roll a frozen water bottle under the foot. This was very ineffective. My chiropractor said to use a vibrator on the arch muscle, and that has really helped. After a 30 second treatment the pain is gone for hours.
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2009
I have been doing quite a bit of plantar fasciitis solutions lately. You might want to check out www.apainintheheel.com for exercise recommendations. I have had this condition for about 1 year and it is finally starting to fade a little. I have been doing regular exercises. I am currently looking for some shoes for plantar fasciitis.
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2009
lindybossow,

Sounds like that may be a stress fracture in your metatarsal bone. That is the bone that is on the outside of your foot kinda in the middle where there is a ridge. I had a lot of pain there myself.
|

replied November 17th, 2009
H there. I'm pretty sure orthotic insoles are the answer... my website is but there are plenty of others who do the same, albeit off the shelf mainly and not as effective long term.

Philip
|

replied February 2nd, 2010
I am dealing with plantar fasciitis for more than a year now and I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. If something works for one it may not work for the other. There are many treatment techniques that you can try. Did you try Taping? I have found it very useful. There are a few Taping techniques you can find in YouTube - just type "Plantar Fasciitis Taping" in YouTube search.
|

replied February 7th, 2010
First of all get a professional diagnosis before you spend more money and effort.
I am dealing with plantar fasciitis for more than a year now and I understood that treatment efficiency is very individual. If something works for one it may not work for the other. There are many treatment techniques that you can try. Did you try Taping? I have found it very useful. Taping will keep your foot from getting injured again and will help you get through your daily routine. There are a few Taping techniques you can find in YouTube - just type "Plantar Fasciitis Taping" in YouTube search.
Take care & Good luck
|

replied February 13th, 2010
Plantar Fascitis
Hello, I have PF and stand up all day at a fast food job. I'm really thinking I need to quit even though I have really nice shoe orthotics.

My question is, does anyone else who has this feel their pulse on the sole of their foot? It's not painful but a constant reminder of this stupid condition.
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2010
I am a physical therapist and treat people with this condition. First, use ice 10 minutes at a time a few times a day. Second, wear good shoes. Third, do calf stretching.

Good luck!
|

replied November 12th, 2010
Calf muscle stretching is very useful. Other things you might want to try:
over the counter arch supports
oral anti-inflammatory medications
cortisone injection by a podiatrist

|
Quick Reply