Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Growth on cervix

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I just had my annual physical done today and my doctor noticed I have a small growth on my cervix. She said it was most likely not cancerous. (I know she didn't say that to keep me from worrying until I find out, she gave me the Gardasil shot right after)

I'm trying to look up information but all I get is cancer-this and cancer-that...

Has anyone had a growth that wasn't cancerous? And if so what is it called?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Especially eHealthy
How old are you? Have you had sex before?

This is something you should ask your doctor about. However, if s/he said it wasn't cancer... it isn't cancer. Smile
|

I'm 21, and I've had sex with one person. I haven't had sex since August and we always used condoms.

I have been "fooling around" with my bf but we have not had sex.

Edit: She is having me get an ultrasound done, and depending on how that goes I might be getting a biopsy.
|

Especially eHealthy
What does she suspect it is?
|

replied January 23rd, 2008
She actually didn't say. But I know It must have come recently, I had a pap done in September because I was having pain in my abdomen, but there was nothing there.
|

User Profile
Supporter
It could just be a benign growth on the cervix, like pollops or fibroids. Other than that, I have no clue!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Well only the doctor can tell. Just wait on the results and don't worry about. If the pap smear is fine I wouldn't worry about it.
|

replied November 25th, 2009
I found out about a month ago that i have a growth on my cervix....I just went to see a ob/gyn yesterday and she was going to do a pap but couldnt because my cervix bleeds easily....wat she did was cut a few pieces of the growth off and sent it away for tests....then she told me it looked like cervical cancer, the reasons are the growth was 3cm long, how it looked and the bleeding i have been having between periods and after intercourse and she referred me to an oncologist....I am 31yrs old....my last pap before all this was 2yrs ago....I am patiently waiting for the oncologist to call me...this is all i think about everyday all day....
|

replied December 2nd, 2009
I went to the OB/GYN last week and he found what he explained as an inch long growth on my cervix. He also told me not to worry, but that he wasn't sure what it was?!? He wanted me to wait until PAP results were back (which are taking longer than normal becuase of the holiday) before he told me my next steps. I tried to check it out myself today and it is now more like 3 inches! I can't find anything about how fast they may grow.....
|

replied February 4th, 2012
i have been through the same thing i had a paps and everything was fine until i went to get a pelvis ultrasound and the dr found something on my cervix he said it looks like a blood clot but wasnt too sure am now waiting on my results now. but am doing all of these tests because its hard for me to get pregnant am wondering if the blood clot is keeping me from doing so
|

replied June 7th, 2012
Causes of possible growth
I'm going through the same thing- waiting for test results to see what the growth is. However in reply to the last post about the blood clot- it sounds like you have the same condition as I do called Endometriosis. It can look a lot like a blood clot. It is also one of the largest causes of infertility. It definitely is worth taking a look on google and/or asking your doctor.

Hope this helps!
|

replied June 25th, 2012
Cervix
I have actually had abnormal results from a PAP Smear. This was the year after I had my daughter. I had a biopsy done and it came back with really high grade cervical cancer cells. I had to have the leep and then 6 weeks later another cervical surgery because there were still traces showing up from the first surgery findings and tests on the piece they removed. Now all my yearly check-ups have come back normal, but now this year the nurse practitioner tells me I have a cervical polyp. I go and see the Dr. who did my original surgeries and he ask who told me this. I tell him and not only to find out that I have no cerivcal polyp but a growth. So, therefor I had to have another biopst done today. My first reaction was tears. I hope it is nothing this time, but being what I have been through already in the past, it upset me because I don't want to go back through any of it again. Any feedback would be so great.
|

replied August 28th, 2012
Worried please help
Can any one help i found a lump on the end of my cervix quite a while ago now! I went to the clinic and a nurse and a doctor looked at it, they said it was normal? Ive had no problems with it but for the past few days i have noticed i am bleeding during intercourse! I am also having problems concieving and been to the doctors about it which im wsiting to go for blood checks! Im really worried!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied October 8th, 2012
lump on cervix
I sometimes wonder if doctors are either not fully honest with their patients or they just don't know enough about what they are doing. In reading these post it seems to me that any growth on your cervix or in your vagina is something that needs to be addressed and not just brushed aside. It's the body trying to tell you that something is wrong. I recently found a bump on the tip of my cervix and waiting for the biopsy results. In doing my own research I was convinced it was a genital wart but the doctor said he didn't think it was that. So we will see. My advice is that if you feel like it's something to worry about and the doctor doesn't give you a good answer, keep calling doctors until you find an answer that sounds right. We have intuition for a reason. Listen to it. If you are having any of these problems then cut soy out of your diet, stop smoking if you smoke, DO NOT eat artificial sugars, and eat more vegetables. I know turmeric is good to reduce inflammation and milk-thistle helps cleanse and nourish your liver. Your liver and kidneys are key in keeping you healthy.
|

replied April 21st, 2013
Help please
I am having similar problems. I have had bleeding I between periods for the last 2 years and sex is almost impossible. I have been to the doctors and hospital on many occasions and found that I have a low blood count. I have had CT scans to have my bladder and kidneys checked for infection but all tests come back fine. I went back to the hospital last week and the doctor noticed a possible growth on my cervix and he seemed very concerned. He asked me to wait to see if I could see a gyney there and then. I recorded a letter in the post that the doctor sent my GP explaining that I had to be referred ASAP. I can see there are a few of you that have similar symptoms...has anyone had this much trouble with this? I am starting to get worried
|

replied May 6th, 2013
Worried help
2 weeks a go i had a pap smer done and it came baxk normal but while the nures was doing it she noticed some thong on my cervix now o have to jave a camra taat donw tosee rhat it is as i have been on and of bleeding since march i am quite worried as i have never had this befor plus i ha e 3 ypung babies i am 23 years old
|