Medical Questions > Mental Health > Stop Smoking Forum

idea to quit smoking

User Profile
I did smoke but not anymore after this. I mean it.
An ex boyfriend told me a way to quit smoking cause when i was with my ex hubby i picked up smoking. Well last month i tried what he said helped a friend and that friend gave him 100 dollars for helping him quite. Reason why he told me this was i told him that i wantted to stop smoking but couldnt.

If any one is trying to quit smoking try this it should help if done right.

Take a hair off of a horse's tail, but it in the cigg. and tel him to smoke it, if done right he will smoke it a few times and put it out and then he will try and smoke another one and not even smoke it but once and he should thew it out. If done right he wouldnt what another cigg.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2008
Supporter
Get outta here
You want to quit? Then take control of your own life and tell yourself NO MORE. Hardest thing I ever did in my life....even giving birth.....15 years ago........ Are you going to let those damned things control you......or, are you going to say no more and chunk them. WHen you feel the urge, go out and run or walk.....1 good 5- 10 minutes. Put a rubber band around your wrist, pops hte thing and make it sting until you convince yourself, you are not giving in...........do someting constructive, draw, create something,build something, read....just stay busy, clean out a drawer.....just do SOMETHING in place of going out for a smoke. So many gimmicks and the cost $. You want a patch, make you one out of duct tape and tell yourself you are on the patch they will stop the cravings. You will have them a wek or so. It takes about a month for hte nicotine to get out of your system. Stay away from places wheere people smoke..... go to smoke free sections. If you have to avoid friends for amonth......explain that its really hard for you to be around them because it screws with your will power...........true friends will understand..Your clothes will smell better, your sense of taste will be more enhanced and you will be doing a wordl ofgood to your lungs, heart, skin and other organs! need to PM feel free................its a bit&& cause I did it and have helped a number of other friends get over this addiction. ALwasy here for reassurance! HORSE HAIR?????????get real! I bet a penis roach leg would stop you from drinking alcohol???????????????
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2008
Experienced User
it worked for me. An other friends of mine.
|

replied January 27th, 2008
I want to quit
O.k. FairyGod mother, work your magic. I want to quit real bad. I'll listen to anything you can tell me. I still have the cravings, but am taking Chantix and it is helping. I joined their sites no smoke program and haven't heard from them since, so I found this forum and signed up.
Fran
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2009
Experienced User
that is a weird thing. i don't know why you would do that, but rather. smoking could be good in some cases. but i think that quitting is a good option. especially if you are down with it. if you are down with it then definitely quit. if there is so much peer pressure that you need to quit then quit.
|