Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

The Pregnancy Lists

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
i need help with the bringing home baby list tell me if there is anything i am forgetting...

MOMS BAG - camra,nightgown,slippers,robe,toothbrush,t oothpaste,hair brush, hair ties, cange of clothes for dh and i, socks, loation, chap stick, book(to relax with), nursing bra, nusing pads, address book, cell phone..

BABYS BAG - car seat,going home outfit,receaving blanket(s , depending on the weather), dipers, baby nail clippers, socks, booties, infant cap, winter suit (since it has been in the low teens here lately), loation, powder, and wipes...

am i forgetting anything?

my due date is on valentines day but the dr said i would be doing good if i make it to the 11th.. now since i have been haveing slight contractions now they are saing i will be doing good to make it to the 28th of this month i go Wednesday so he can check to see if i am dialated....

We Are So Excited!!! Not Much Longer!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
if you plan on staying more than a day there (I think they recommend 2-3) bring shampoo/conditioner. They give you a sample size of both, but if you have a lot of hair (like me and my sister) you're gonna want more than that. (my sister's hair is to the small of her back and THICK, so the shampoo didn't go far at all)
|

Especially eHealthy
old undies you dont care if they get gross and bloddy Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ooo, good call Very Happy also extra socks, I know my slippers like to fall off a lot Smile and your own pillow/blanket if you are picky Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah bring a pillow and blanket. hospital ones suck
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thanks girls i am ready to pop
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
"BABYS BAG - car seat,going home outfit,receaving blanket(s , depending on the weather), dipers, baby nail clippers, socks, booties, infant cap, winter suit (since it has been in the low teens here lately), loation, powder, and wipes... "

Onesies? These were all the rage when my DD was born 10 years ago.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hmm I took a bunch of stuff but I don't really remember...

Dude if you can, get a cheap foam mattress insert, especially if you're getting an epidural. Hospital beds are really uncomfortable, and they have a metal support beam that hits rights where the epi needle went in. It was HELL.
|

Especially eHealthy
Katrinadoodle wrote:
Hmm I took a bunch of stuff but I don't really remember...

Dude if you can, get a cheap foam mattress insert, especially if you're getting an epidural. Hospital beds are really uncomfortable, and they have a metal support beam that hits rights where the epi needle went in. It was HELL.

i actually liked my hospital bed lol
maybe i just didnt knowtice it because my entire body was numb Laughing
|

Extremely eHealthy
I didn't notice the first night, but good lord was I hurting by the time it was time to go home. First thing I did was sink into my bed and nap Very Happy
|

Especially eHealthy
Take whatever you would take if you were going somewhere overnight.

Be careful using the items from the hospital - they will charge your insurance for them. If you are unsure if your insurance will pay for it, call them first - those diapers they 'give' at the hospital, will show up on the bill - or that shampoo, etc. None of it is 'free'.

If you are on medicaid, they will be covered, but on private insurance it can be an extra expense.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
kinda like those hotels that charge $20 for a can of pop you opened and only drank half of it before they came in and cleaned up and threw it out?!? Man are they sneaky!
|

Experienced User
Oh Ingi I am glad you said that because I have my baby bag packed and I have about 4 huggies in there for junior but I didn't know that the hospital would charge you for using their diapers. That is so crazy espcially if they don't tell you first. I will just use what I have in my bag to avoid any suprising charges.
|

Extremely eHealthy
4 Huggies won't last a day Very Happy In the hospital Jayden did..... about 4 a day, actually. So better pack more.
|

Experienced User
Ok. I will put more in there it's no problem... wow I am excited and scared all at the same time Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Just take a whole pack, just in case, that's what I'm doing.
|

Experienced User
LOL ok I will bring the entire pack Smile My back is killing me right now Sad I'm at work right now and I can't wait to go home and have Jorge give me a massage!!
|

Especially eHealthy
yep i got a "free gift basket" which was $50
|

Experienced User
Wuz up girlfriend? How have you been? and the baby and Travis?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thanks girls i am hurting to and having indagestion really bad.. i have started having pains in my right side and the top of my baby bump i dunno why i go tomorrow to let the dr see if i am dialated.... i cant wait i want her here so bad
|