Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

spotting at 20 weeks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
So saturday night I noticed some light spotting. I am 20 weeks along in my 4th pregnancy (my first and third were early miscarriages). My second pregnancy was totally normal and resulted in a beautiful healthy baby boy. I am still lightly spotting today (monday). I am in no pain and i am not too concerned, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this? At what point should I call the doctor? Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I would call now, because I'd just want to know that I was okay and the baby was too. I'm having my first though, so that would just freak me out.
|

replied January 21st, 2008
Especially eHealthy
i had spotting in the very begining and i called mr dr because i freaked out lol
remember
if the blood is red and your cramping thats when you need to go in. until then its most likely normal. have you had sex recently? if so it might be due to irritation of the cervix.

you can always call though just to make sure.
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
Thanks. I did call the doc yesterday after i started cramping and he sent me to hospital. At first they thought maybe my placenta was low and causing the bleeding, but after an ultrasound and an exam, it turned out my cervix was just irritated. Pheww!!!
|

replied October 16th, 2012
bleeding in 20 weeks
then what was the next step .Did they put you on any medication or something?
|