Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

fever, blisters on testicles (Page 1)

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
I've just discovered about 7 little blisters on my testicles and lower part of penis. At the same time I have come down with a fever.

Does this mean I have picked up herpes? Is there a chance it could be something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
well youn should go get tested if you feel you may be at risk or have contracted an std. have you had unprotected sex? or oral sex?

my advice would be to go see a dr and have them test you.
|

I've had a few different sexual partners lately all using a condom along with oral sex.

I will go and see a doctor to have it checked out.
|

Extremely eHealthy
With herpes, if their are sores they can be passed from skin to skin contact, which some condoms do not cover. You need to see a doctor while the sores are present. If they go away their is no way to see if they are herpes or something else.

If you go to the doctor they can give you an anti-viral that can suppress outbreaks. Although you will always have it the meds can make it less severe.

Herpes is by far not the end of the world. As long as you are open with the person you are with and you take care of yourself you will be ok.
|

replied January 20th, 2008
What other things could it possibly be if it wasn't herpes?
|

User Profile
replied January 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
"If they go away their is no way to see if they are herpes or something else"

If you have genital or oral herpes you do not have to have sores to be tested. That is not true. There is a blood test that can tell you for sure whether or not you have herpes even without an outbreak. I know this because I have herpes and one time I had a culture of the sore done. The culture came back negative, but the blood test came back positive. Either way if you are positive a blood test will tell you for sure. Please request a blood test.

I cannot think of any other condition that make you have sores. What do your sores look like?
|

Ok, so I've just got tested and it's looking like I've got herpes. Waiting for the results to confirm.

The last girl I was with has been ill all weekend too and she say she has cold sores around her mouth. I'm worried that I may have given this to her or she may have given to me. I don't know her very well but I really like her and not sure if I should bring this up in conversation when we meet this weekend for the fear it might ruin things between us.
|

Especially eHealthy
yes you need to bring it up and talk about it with her. if you like her then its best to be open about the situation
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yes please be very open with eachother. she also needs to be tested. what about her or your future partners? They need to know also. The best thing to do right is to be open and honest with her, tell her how you feel.
|

Extremely eHealthy
You BOTH could have contracted it from different people.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
also you past partners need to know
|

replied January 26th, 2008
OK, we've both got it and we've been open about it, although don't really know who gave it to who.

My main concern now though is can this damage the bladder or urinary tract or anything? Since I've picked this up I've been going for a wee frequently and a slight pain in the abdomen. Waking up in the morning bursting to go. Not very nice.
|

Does this mean I can't have oral sex ever again without wearing contraception? I've read it can be passed on even when sores aren't present.
|

Especially eHealthy
goosepimple wrote:
Does this mean I can't have oral sex ever again without wearing contraception? I've read it can be passed on even when sores aren't present.

exactly

do not ever have any intercourse without using a condom
because you CAN spread it
also make sure that your partners from now on are all aware that you have it that way they can go through proper percautions to protect themselves
|

Especially eHealthy
goosepimple wrote:

exactly

do not ever have any intercourse without using a condom
because you CAN spread it
also make sure that your partners from now on are all aware that you have it that way they can go through proper percautions to protect themselves
|

User Profile
Supporter
And you should abstain from any sexual conact at all while you are having an outbreak.

Incidentally, 1 in 5 people in the US have the herpes virus and even more women - 1 in 4 - have it.

Most people have mild or no symptoms.
|

My eyes feel sore around the outside although I can't see any sores or anything and my throat has been very sore.

Does this mean I have both types of herpes?
|

My main concern now though is can this damage the bladder or urinary tract or anything? Since I've picked this up I've been going for a wee frequently and a slight pain in the abdomen. Waking up in the morning bursting to go. Not very nice.
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
from what I know herpes does not affect your eyes or bladder or urinary tract. It affects your genitals. I know that it can cause flu like symptoms and you can get sores on your buttocks and thighs.
|

replied May 3rd, 2009
even i have small blisters on my testicles but i have never had sex .i am a virgin.what could this be then and which doctor shall i see...plz suggest....or are there any ointments or medicines which i can take?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply