Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Small sores on penis & STDs

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
About three or four days ago, I noticed a small dark sore on the head of my penis. I went to the doctor and he said it was probably just a pimple or clogged pore. Two days later, when showering, I noticed more of these small sores on my penis, this time on the shaft. There were about 6 or 7 in all, but all spread out and not in a cluster. They do not have white heads and they do not ooze like herpes supposedly does. They do not look like warts and they are mildly painful... kind of like pimples. Discomforting but not day-ruining. I also have pain when urinating but that seems to be subsiding (I took zithromax in case it was chlamydia).

As far as my sex life is concerned, I just started having sex with my new girlfriend about a week ago. She was a virgin before me (I believe her - she's a very sheltered girl). Before my new girlfriend and I started having sex, I had not had sex for about 3 months (when my ex and I broke up). I never have showed any symptoms of STDs in my life, then all of a sudden... this happens.

Basically what I am asking is... first of all, what do I have? I have searched the net for hours on end trying to find a disease that matched my symptoms but nothing does. Also, could I have gotten it from my new girlfriend even though she was a virgin before me? Could I have gotten it from my ex? How can I treat it? Will I have it forever or will it go away? How am I supposed to tell my girlfriend?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
ok first off
go get tested for stds and herpes. tell them you want to be tested. sounds like genital warts to me
second your current gf needs to be tested and YOU NEED TO TELL HER if it IS an std. she needs to know.
you could have gotten it from ANYONE youve had sexual contact with,even oral sex can spread herpes if thats what it is...

also- has your current gf been tested for stds? if not then that should have been your first step before you had sex with her. dont believe anyone if they tell you they are a virgin. because its not worth the risk. an std can follow you for the rest of your life. always better safe than sorry.

stds dont always show symptoms right away. in fact many people who contract an std dont even know they have it!!!!! you have to be careful

so go see a dr and tell them you want to be tested
Very Happy good luck
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2008
Experienced User
well, for one, most guys can have an std, like chlamydia or gonnarhea, for a really long time without even knowing... so you might have gotten it from your last girlfriend. or your new girlfriend could have very well been lying... the point is you should get tested... that is the only safe and sure answer. let us know how it goes. =]
|

replied January 19th, 2008
yeah i know i need to get tested. i already have been for herpes and chlamydia & gonorrhea, but the test results wont be in til monday. can anyone suggest a good way to have a conversation with my girlfriend about this? i dont know what to say...
|

User Profile
Experienced User
well, i've been through this & this is basically how my convo went; [difference is this is from girl to guy, and i know he gave it to me ]

me: "so i went to the doctors and they said i had an infection... did you not know you had anything?"
him: "no... i didn't ..."
me: "so are you going to get tested?"
him: "yeah, are you going to take me?" haha.

so generally, you should just ask her if maybe she had an infection, and include the fact that it might have been on you. if it's chlamydia, make sure she gets tested real quick, b/c it is very treatable! but, make sure you tell her nonetheless.

so it's really more simple than it seems; don't overanalyze it or anything. wait for those test results before you tell her anything, b/c what if you don't even have anything??

good luck.
|

good advice sticky thanks. yeah im definitely not saying anything til the results come back. im praying to god that its bacterial whatever it is so i can get rid of it forever. i really dont think it is herpes though and im starting to doubt chlamydia is in the mix too. reason being that the burning sensation when i urinate is back and its been like 3 days since ive taken the zithromax. i figured it would have been working by now if it were chlamydia.

ive figured out the best way to describe what the lesions look like... chicken pox. it looks like i have a few chicken pox on my penis, all spread out, and with little dark indentations in the middle of each one. they are only painful when touched and sort of itchy but tolerable. i know it cant actually BE chicken pox, since im 21 and i had CP when i was like 5... plus im pretty sure CP is a systematic virus (meaning that it would show up all over the body and wouldnt be localized). i was thinking it may be molluscum contagiosum. i dont want that either though cuz thats a virus too and supposedly the lesions stay for a long time.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
yeah, that makes sense. if you were taking it, it should have already taken away the burning. i've never realy heard anything about molluscum contagiosum. i plan on researching that in t-5 seconds! haha. but, will they be able to diagnose that in your test results? let me know what they say! i'm curious.
|

replied January 21st, 2008
ok... im going back to the doctor this morning as soon as the health center opens. im pretty sure it is herpes now. no test results still cuz the first place i went to was a university clinic, but wikipedia has pretty much spelled it out for me that i have herpes. by the way, for anyone reading this, i would recommend not getting herpes cuz it is painful as F*CK. i couldnt sleep last night because it was so bad and i couldnt get comfortable. i finally told my girlfriend. then i told my dad. they were both very supportive but i'm beginning to believe that my girlfriend lied to me about being a virgin before me. the onset of herpes is supposedly pretty quick, so it would only make sense that she had it and gave it to me. it is possible though for her to have had it without having sex... she could have gotten it through genital contact and not necessarily penetration. sooo she might have very well been a virgin. and its not like i would be mad that she wasn't a virgin (if she wasnt), it would just kinda make me mad if she lied to me about it. but i cant prove one way or the other, so im going to try and not hold it against her. this is not a fun situation to be in - for me or for her. anyway, thanks for yalls help. in retrospect, it would be smart to make sure my partners are clean (with testing) before i have sex with them. because i apparently wasnt careful enough, or just have bad luck, im going to have to be on medication for the rest of my life most likely. way to go me.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Did you use protection? Or no? I don't remember reading it... so, if not, this is the consequence & you learned from it, right? At least there IS a medicine to keep it under control... and at least it wasn't AIDS. It's very good that they were supportive of you, but... since she was so supportive, that might mean she DID give it to you??
|

Especially eHealthy
or has she ever given you oral? if she had herpes she could have passed it through oral
for example if she kissed someone who had herpes,then she gave you oral you could have gotten it that way too

im sorry Sad the medication will help you supress the outbreaks. good luck. im sorry this happened

testing before ANY sexual intamacy is the smartest way to go about not getting any stds
|

replied January 22nd, 2008
i did use a condom but it broke so i put on another one.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Ah, that really sucks. I'm sorry. =\
|

just got the results. its Herpes simplex virus 1.
thats the kind u usually get on ur mouth. weird thing is she never gave me oral. is it possible for me to kiss her and contract the virus that way and then it showed up as a breakout on my penis? i mean i know it doesnt make a lot of sense, and is probably unlikely, but its also unlikely to get HSV1 on ur genitals....
|

replied January 30th, 2011
I have a couple of what looks like scabs on my penis head; however they don't hurt or discharge and are whitish in color. Any suggestions?
|

replied July 8th, 2013
congenital herpes
don't condemn your girlfriend yet she may very well have been a virgin.
there is such a thing as congenital herpes which is past during birth from the mother to her child, and not from being sexually active. the symptoms may or may not be obvious to your girlfriend as they may be inside her mouth and only known to her as " cold sores "
I would give her the benefit of doubt
|