Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

blood and blood clots when blowing nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hey yall! Well I'm a 25 year old, none smoker, normal weight, and in good health. From time to time I will get a light nose bleed, maybe once a month or so. For the past 2 weeks however, when I blow my nose in the morning, a lot of blood and what appears to be blood clots come out. I live on the Gulf Coast and have not had much cold weather, so I haven't been running the heater much....this is what usually dries me out. Anyway, I don't have any other health problems, and this probably is no big deal, but I was just curious if anyone else had the same thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lele25
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry, can't say as I do. Do you also experience high cholesterol by chance? Blood from the nose can be an indicator of pre-stroke. One close friend has this problem...and I don't want to scare you. Do you think that the blood is caused simply by dryness?
|

replied January 27th, 2008
I really don't know about high cholesterol...I don't think that its ever been checked! I doubt that I have high cholesterol though...I'm a vegetarian and I work out at least 5 days a week. I'm gonna call the doctor though and get a check up to see what's going on because my hubby is concerned. Thanks for your response!
|

User Profile
replied January 29th, 2008
Yes...a routine physical can ease your worries. Or are you off to the ENT office? Let me know how it goes!
|

replied January 29th, 2008
Going to the ENT tomorrow because I'm thinking its sinus related and maybe I need to go back on Zyrtec or Flonase. I'll post and let you know!
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2008
OK. How did it go?
|

replied January 31st, 2008
Hey! Went good he said that I was very dry.....I did'nt think that would be the case because I have't used the heater much yet, but in any case that's what he said. So he told me to use a simple saline spray twice a day along with a little bit of vasiline on a Q-tip. He said that if it continued that I should call him because its easy to contract staph infection inside your nose. I'm hoping this will take care of the issue! Thanks so much for your concern! Smile
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
so i got a big blood clot in ma nose but it seem like its stuck and it really hurts my nose. when i look in my nose and ican see it but i cant get it out! what its and and how can i get it out?
|